Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Reni played all over the top of Mani and Squire last night - I found it really irritating.

I never really noticed but i'd had a good few beers by that stage! Maybe reni was making an 'artistic' point? Or maybe he just hates them all!

Going to see Bash & Pop at Tuts on Tuesday I think.

Fronted by former Replacements/GN'R bassist Tommy Stinson.

Has a new record out which I really should get before the gig.

Just going to get a ticket from behind the bar. £16.50.

Can ram booking/postage fees.

Going to see Bash & Pop at Tuts on Tuesday I think.

Fronted by former Replacements/GN'R bassist Tommy Stinson.

Has a new record out which I really should get before the gig.

Just going to get a ticket from behind the bar. £16.50.

Can ram booking/postage fees.

If he's sober, it'll be great. Superb musician. If he's drunk... saw him twice this year, got both. Album is great.

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

If he's sober, it'll be great. Superb musician. If he's drunk... saw him twice this year, got both. Album is great.

Guessing it'll be a mix of both Bash & Pop records and the solo one from a few year back?

Tam certainly enjoys a pint :lol:

Sober at the Roses gig last night and can only back up what's been said. Some of the absolute roasters in that place man.

Unlike the other folk though I seen plenty of scrapping between stewards and wee fandans trying to get over the barrier to get into the standing. Was at the halfway line basically in the North Stand.

Really enjoyed it though. Made of Stone and This is the One in particular.

I was only 8 rows up from the pitch but this is the view from the top of the stair.

1b79c321b102168c943a2add04881520.jpg

Pretty decent, never go to a gig at Hampden again though. Usually on a bus when I'm at the football but walked all the way back into town last night bursting for a pish/freezing cold. Brutal.

Was on the pitch last night - thought it was fuckin brilliant. Ok - he's no the best singer but it's all about the songs and the music. Atmosphere was incredible. Was pished myself so never seen any hassle.

Anyone go to Elton John last night in Airdrie? Was working at it and wondered how it was

Me and my pals were there and had a great time. I was fearing what the sound quality would be like but it was pretty good. Big Elton is a machine at 70, played nonstop for 2 hours. Rocket man is one my favourite songs of all time so it was magic hearing him do an extended version of it.

One of the weirdest gigs I've been to crowd-wise. Every demographic under the sun was in attendance (including Sons and Airdrie legend Bryan Prunty [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]). No trouble at all and everyone was having a right good jolly - the way it should be! Not a shock but still disappointing to hear the reports of plenty bams at the Roses.

Me and my pals were there and had a great time. I was fearing what the sound quality would be like but it was pretty good. Big Elton is a machine at 70, played nonstop for 2 hours. Rocket man is one my favourite songs of all time so it was magic hearing him do an extended version of it.

One of the weirdest gigs I've been to crowd-wise. Every demographic under the sun was in attendance (including Sons and Airdrie legend Bryan Prunty [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]). No trouble at all and everyone was having a right good jolly - the way it should be! Not a shock but still disappointing to hear the reports of plenty bams at the Roses.

Yeah I was in the bar outside the main stand and the crowd certainly looked mixed from where I was standing!

There was one guy, big fat bald auld c**t, must've been in his 40s, that lead a charge of yoooofs he'd obviously recruited down the stairs and up to the barriers like some gang leader it was fucking embarrassing.

Genuinely about 15-20 of them charging down the stair at the stewards at the same time. Unsurprisingly most of the skinny yooofs got through while Jabba the Hut ended up getting wrestled by about 4 of them and tossed back into the seats.

The guy ended up sand dancing infront of the people that through him back in the rest of the gig. Felt sorry for the stewards to be honest and considering they were G4S ones that takes some doing as they're usually arseholes.

Atmosphere was really good though, watched some of my videos back this morning.

13 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Sober at the Roses gig last night and can only back up what's been said. Some of the absolute roasters in that place man.

Unlike the other folk though I seen plenty of scrapping between stewards and wee fandans trying to get over the barrier to get into the standing. Was at the halfway line basically in the North Stand.

Really enjoyed it though. Made of Stone and This is the One in particular.

I was only 8 rows up from the pitch but this is the view from the top of the stair.

1b79c321b102168c943a2add04881520.jpg

Pretty decent, never go to a gig at Hampden again though. Usually on a bus when I'm at the football but walked all the way back into town last night bursting for a pish/freezing cold. Brutal.

I was in the standing section on the opposite side from where you were right infront of one of those gazeebo things . I was pleasantly surprised by how sound the people around me were . Don't get me wrong there was some who were blootered just like myself but I didn't get a hint of any trouble or viciousness in the air or anything . Gig was alright but sing song was superb

Edited by Forever_blueco

I was in the standing section on the opposite side from where you were right infront of one of those gazeebo things . I was pleasantly surprised by how sound the people around me were . Don't get me wrong there was some who were blootered just like myself but I didn't get a hint of any trouble or viciousness in the air or anything . Gig was alright but sing song was superb

The only trouble was at the fence between sitting and standing, noticed it all because I was so close to it. Not saying the whole thing was a disaster, far from it.

This week I have the Jeff Buckley- Grace start to end thing at Stereo tonight, Joseph at Saint Luke's tomorrow, Willy Mason on Thursday in Stirling, Siobhan Wilson on Friday (who, conveniently enough, is supporting Willy Mason the night before), then The Jacksons on Sunday. My excitement for the Jacksons has waned since watching their Glastobury set, which was abysmal, but the sound was pretty awful for most of it. Anyone seen them before and able to verify whether or not they are any good live now?

I was also at Elton John and can only echo what's been said before. He was great. Played near enough everything I wanted to hear (even Levon which was excellent). Was a bit apprehensive about what the sound would be like, considering it was a stadium gig and it was pretty windy before it, but it was great.

4 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

It wasn't as full of bams as TiTP anyway. I rarely go to gigs now anyway- my musical interest stopped in the early 2000s. Last gigs I was at before this was OCS at the hydro and Black Grape at the O2 in December. The crowd was just the same.

I'd rather be a bam than some studenty, dope smoking gonk that probably attends most gigs then.

:lol:

Image result for scottish ned pics

TCK on Saturday night, not a 'gonk' in sight.

Edited by Tommy Nooka