Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Do you need a uniform to get into a Stone Roses gig? Green few years back absolutely every fucker going was wearing a bucket hat. Today all the young males have shorts, adidas retro trainers and adidas t shirts.

The sound was utter pish for the first 2 or 3 songs where I was seated, the worst I've ever heard at a concert ever. They seemed to get their act together after that and turned the volume up. Ian Brown though. :lol: What a guy. Just as well he's got such a good band to back him up.

21 hours ago, Nizzy said:

What's the genesis of that rumour? I've seen it mentioned a few times.

Just stuff I've seen on twitter and that tbh. Apparently Reni doesn't speak to Ian Brown or mani.

But aye, of the three times I've seen them in the past year that was probably their weakest performance imo. Just seemed to be going through the motions.

Edit: Also the queue to get in, what a fucking shambles that was :lol:

Edited by Staggie_93

Mastodon tickets purchased for December. And it's at the Barrowlands too. Pleasing.

I'm a Mastodon fan since March of the Fire Ants appeared on a Relapse sampler long enough ago. Somehow managed to miss them every time since then, so I'm well up for that.
Also, Opeth and Enslaved in November. Take my money, dammit!!

Probably the worst combination of factors affecting the enjoyment of a gig is to have it outdoors in Scotland on a cold windy night in June. Crap sound, crap view, broad daylight throughout. You've got to put on a blistering performance to make that a good night for the punters.

9 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Utter shite.

Met some lovely Mancs & Scousers in Glasgow yesterday who were up for the Roses gig, my son and his mates were also there, but watching that...ooft!

Probably the worst combination of factors affecting the enjoyment of a gig is to have it outdoors in Scotland on a cold windy night in June. Crap sound, crap view, broad daylight throughout. You've got to put on a blistering performance to make that a good night for the punters.

Yip, all of this.

I went to see R.E.M. many years ago in murrayfield and swore I'd never go to another one of those type of gigs again, and I've managed to stick with it, til next Tuesday when I'm taking my daughter to Green Day. Hopefully they put in s show.

51 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Sound at the Roses last night was appalling and his voice was even worse than usual.

However when you go to see the Roses you go for the atmosphere but I'd ended up with a seating ticket which was atrocious. Felt like watching a good house party through a set of patio doors.

It was so bad I decided I didn't care if I got thrown out and ran past the stewards and got into standing but I was the only person I seen manage it.

I was sitting right next to the stairs to get into the standing area. At the start of Primal Scream, the stewards were quick to make sure that anyone sneaking into the standing section were quickly moved back into seating. However by twenty to nine, a couple of the stewards near to me, gave up and almost any person who crawled under the sheet dividing the standing stairs and those seating, were allowed into the standing section. 

I was at that REM gig too, left before the end as it was so bad. Seen the Rolling Stones and AC/DC twice at Hampden which have all been brilliant though so maybe more to do with the type of band than the venue. As for last night, i was on the pitch and enjoyed it as much for the atmosphere as the music. Never particularly liked Brown as a singer but the rest of the band are outstanding musicians IMO. Thoroughly enjoyed it overall, great night.

15 minutes ago, The Chef said:

I was at that REM gig too, left before the end as it was so bad. 

Cracking setlist too...

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rem/1995/murrayfield-stadium-edinburgh-scotland-13d691d1.html

I got a ticket as compensation for the SECC shows the previous year being cancelled, but couldn't go as I was working abroad. Didn't get to see them til Stirling Castle 4 years later. Which was a decent outdoor gig.

4 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Never even thought of that approach. Nobody at my side did it. Where were you? I was south stand same side as main stand. I only seen 4 folk actually go for it and everyone got thrown out.

I was in the West Stand and at the side closer to the North Stand. I was two seats away from the sheet dividing those standing and those seating. I only seen about ten to fifteen people attempt it at the start of Primal Scream. But a lot more people attempted it by the time Primal Scream started to play Rocks. 

Never particularly liked Brown as a singer but the rest of the band are outstanding musicians IMO.

Reni played all over the top of Mani and Squire last night - I found it really irritating.