Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Saw Pond last night who were pretty terrible. Not helped by abysmal sound, right enough. Weirdly though, the support, Methyl Ethel, sounded great.
Got The Danberrys at the Admiral tomorrow, The Avalanches in Manchester on Friday then Elton John in Airdrie on Saturday. Should be very #dece.

I quite fancied going to see Pond so glad I missed it then.

Going to try get tickets on the presale tomorrow for The Libertines at Kilmarnock.

Tickets bought for LCD Soundsystem (Barrowland) and Queens of the Stone Age (Usher Hall), should be two fantastic nights. I was one of the few at LCD's incredible, underattended set at T in the Park last year, but I've never seen QOTSA before. I love the Usher Hall too, its where I graduated, and I've seen the Last Shadow Puppets, Franz Ferdinand, Frightened Rabbit there before now. We had to get sitting tickets though, no standing left. Shouldn't make too much of a difference I don't think!

9 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Tickets bought for LCD Soundsystem (Barrowland) and Queens of the Stone Age (Usher Hall), should be two fantastic nights. I was one of the few at LCD's incredible, underattended set at T in the Park last year, but I've never seen QOTSA before. I love the Usher Hall too, its where I graduated, and I've seen the Last Shadow Puppets, Franz Ferdinand, Frightened Rabbit there before now. We had to get sitting tickets though, no standing left. Shouldn't make too much of a difference I don't think!

You'll be able to walk into the standing bit pretty easily.  

Heading to Arab Strap at Kelvingrove in August.

Has anyone been to the Summer Nights stuff before and what's it like for food/drink? I used to work at Heineken and I know they have a lot to do with it when it comes to beer but over and above that I don't know anything about it. Hoping to make a day of it since it'll be our first proper post-kid being born night out.

Heading to Arab Strap at Kelvingrove in August.

Has anyone been to the Summer Nights stuff before and what's it like for food/drink? I used to work at Heineken and I know they have a lot to do with it when it comes to beer but over and above that I don't know anything about it. Hoping to make a day of it since it'll be our first proper post-kid being born night out.

I saw idlewild and Super Furry Animals at the summer nights gigs last year. Drinks, its moretti on tap and there was an Eden mills van for gins and what not.