Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Anyone have any experience of the Castlefield Bowl in Manchester? What's the area like? Decent bars in that area? I know it's in the Salford area of Manchester but that means f**k all to me really. 

Anyone have any experience of the Castlefield Bowl in Manchester? What's the area like? Decent bars in that area? I know it's in the Salford area of Manchester but that means f**k all to me really. 

I've not been to the Castlefield Bowl before so can't say if it's any good or not but it's about a 15-20 minute walk from there to the Northern Quarter which has loads of really good bars. The Deansgate is also close by (10 minute walk perhaps) and could be another option.

Arcade Fire? Going as well. It's a five minute walk to Brewdog I'm pretty sure.

Arcade Fire? Going as well. It's a five minute walk to Brewdog I'm pretty sure.

No idea how you guessed that. :P

Aye, striking them off my bucket list and staying at the castlefield hotel as well. Going on my lonesome though so really just want to make sure I know my way about the place.

No idea how you guessed that. [emoji14]

Aye, striking them off my bucket list and staying at the castlefield hotel as well. Going on my lonesome though so really just want to make sure I know my way about the place.

I've got that then a quick drive up the road for radiohead at Glasgow green. Should be a good few days!

It's real close to deansgate and there's plenty of pubs in the vicinity.

Linkin Park at the Manchester Arena has been cancelled. Hopefully they move it to Old Trafford or the Etihad. Bit gutting as I've already booked the train and hotel.

I noticed that Blink 182 had cancelled their gig in 3 weeks time. Must be the venue itself?

I noticed that Blink 182 had cancelled their gig in 3 weeks time. Must be the venue itself?

Yeah, apparently the venue won't be ready to reopen until September time so it's a case of band's having to find a new venue or cancel the shows.

On 2017-6-13 at 00:06, Distant Doonhamer said:

Going to see Jackson Browne in Edinburgh on Sunday. Always a treat.

Brilliant concert. He`s 68 years old now and still puts on a show. 

Played Sky Blue and Black which was the favourite song of a really good friend of mine who died last year age only 37. :(

I cried like a baby through the whole fucking song. :P 

I don`t believe in any after life but if there is one Ally would have pissed himself laughing at me.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Here might be the best place for this...

Anyone going to any gigs in Manchester, looking to return on 6th July, I have 2 train tickets direct to Edinburgh (14:15-17:36), that seeing as I can transfer them, would be willing to them sell on for a good chunk less than they would currently cost.

Was going to Radiohead on 5th,but that's now the 4th, so travels changed.

Saw Pond last night who were pretty terrible. Not helped by abysmal sound, right enough. Weirdly though, the support, Methyl Ethel, sounded great.

Got The Danberrys at the Admiral tomorrow, The Avalanches in Manchester on Friday then Elton John in Airdrie on Saturday. Should be very #dece.

Was over in Dublin for Aerosmith last week.

3 arena was a pretty smart venue. Seats were closer to the stage than hydro.

Steven Tyler btw, guy is 69, looks half dead and yet can still hit those notes. Really impressed. No massive stage show, just old fashioned rock with the odd bit of smoke and lights. 

Got Stone roses, ZZ top and Metallica left to go to this year.