Gigs

pilsner_ffc

20 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Very well played sir.

Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed are way overrated. Or if I'm going to be totally honest, they're both absolutely crap!emoji39.png

I don't mind Disturbed but Avenged Sevenfold I just cannot get into them,i also of course get £43 back as that is what my ticket cost:thumsup2

Edited by keithgy

I don't mind Disturbed but Avenged Sevenfold I just cannot get into them,i also of course get £43 back as that is what my ticket cost:thumsup2

I didn't mind Disturbed's first album at the time when it first came out, but it was at a time there was a bit of a lull in good, proper metal coming out... Thank f**k for Lamb of God.

Don't know why, but didn't have you down as a metalhead Keith. Don't think I've seen you post on the Metalheads thread.

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I didn't mind Disturbed's first album at the time when it first came out, but it was at a time there was a bit of a lull in good, proper metal coming out... Thank f**k for Lamb of God.

Don't know why, but didn't have you down as a metalhead Keith. Don't think I've seen you post on the Metalheads thread.

I have a varied taste in music,but at this very moment I am listening to Tuesday's Gone Metallica.

Edited by keithgy

Bon Iver European tour cancelled for anyone who had tickets.
A shame as I would love to have seen them play the new record, but the money being refunded into my account while I'm this skint is pretty welcome.

Same situation for me. Gutted it's been cancelled but much needed boost to the bank balance.

Bon Iver European tour cancelled for anyone who had tickets.

A shame as I would love to have seen them play the new record, but the money being refunded into my account while I'm this skint is pretty welcome.

I take it his 8 bit synthesiser/vocoder broke?

Went to Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed last night. A7x were ok but didn't play what i'd consider 4/5 of their best known tracks. Beast and the harlot, seize the day etc although i've not kept up with them since last uk tour. The sound quality was poor from where i was sitting and the drums shat on everything else apart from Gates solos. Could hardly hear shadows. 

Disturbed didn't play land of confusion or much off of 10000 fists album either which was the stuff that got me into them...shame.

But that David Draiman has some voice btw. 43 now. Cover of Sound of Silence was one of the best live performances of a song i've ever seen. Fantastic.

Saw The Van T's and Mona over the weekend.

Thought The Van T's were pretty poor. Have seen them live a few times now and always thought the venue sound was terrible, but now I think it's because they use far too much reverb to the point where you can't hear any guitar and its more or less just echo or feedback. Their recordings are great, but it doesn't translate well live, which is a shame. The venue was rammed and everyone seemed to be loving it, so maybe it's just me.

Mona were absolutely outstanding. Absolutely nothing original about them, but they have some absolutely great tunes. The additional guitarist seems to have helped freshen up the older stuff and the new material was very strong as well.

Will be at a gig near enough every night with Celtic Connections coming up. Can't make up my mind whether to see Hurray For The Riff Raff (who I'm not entirely convinced on) or The Glad Cafe Choir sing Bowie on Friday, then will probably go to The Yummy Fur on Saturday since The Felice Brothers gig is cancelled, then have Hazy Recollections on Sunday afternoon followed by Aidan Moffat doing his Where You're Meant To Be stuff.

Dillinger Escape Plan farewell gig just there at the QMU. As perfect a sendoff as you could expect. Unsurprisingly Farewell Mona Lisa and Sunshine The Werewolf were highlights. Im ridiculously sweaty.

14 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

Dillinger Escape Plan farewell gig just there at the QMU. As perfect a sendoff as you could expect. Unsurprisingly Farewell Mona Lisa and Sunshine The Werewolf were highlights. Im ridiculously sweaty.

The whole set was exceptional, but Farewell Mona Lisa was particularly great. Absolutely wild gig.

Just back from The Hotelier at - what must have been a sold out - Stereo.  Fantastic show and it was great to hear songs from the new album live.  First time I "saw" them was a free gig in Bloc a few years back.  I couldn't see a f***** thing but it was a very fun and sweaty show.