Gigs

pilsner_ffc

15 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

My regular gig  mates are going to this tonight. I'm giving it a miss.

Mate got me a ticket for Sara Watkins at the Sage in November. I've got:

The Oh Hellos

Jason Isbell

Karl Blau

The Stray Birds

Sara Watkins

Carrie Rodriquez

Sarah Jarosz

And I'll hopefully be getting tickets to Larkin Poe.

He was immense last night. One of the better gigs I've been to this year. Brass section has really benefitted the older tracks.

I'm going to the Oh Hellos, Stray Birds and Jason Isbell from that lot, and will probably end up at Karl Blau as well. That's a good run you've got coming up.

I'm going to that, I was at the anniversary gig at the O2 which for value for money is one of the best I've been to, 2 and a half hours of brilliant songs by the best British band of the last 30 years. It's meant to be a great venue. I showed my age at the last gig, I stood at the side when they played  'The Man Don't Give A f**k' I remember going apeshit at that at the Barras in 1998 but I just politely appreciate songs now.

Edited by Swordfishtrombone
That was a response to the Super Furry Animals gig.#

3 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I'm going to that, I was at the anniversary gig at the O2 which for value for money is one of the best I've been to, 2 and a half hours of brilliant songs by the best British band of the last 30 years. It's meant to be a great venue. I showed my age at the last gig, I stood at the side when they played  'The Man Don't Give A f**k' I remember going apeshit at that at the Barras in 1998 but I just politely appreciate songs now.

Where's the fun in that? Songs like 'Man Don't Give A F**k' are played so the audience can go a bit mental. Lose yourself in the moment next Saturday and party like it's 1998! (I know I will be). 

I'm going to relive the glory days - just bought tickets for Less Than Jake at the 02 academy. £25 for 2 tickets and postage isn't to be argued with these days.

Going to that too. Love LTJ. Seen them 15 times.

Going to that too. Love LTJ. Seen them 15 times.

Lineup isn't as strong as it has been (Anti-Flag, Goldfinger, SYG in 2011 I particular) but it should be a decent night. I'm interested to see who the local support will be.