Procycling thread

myshkin

Froome was helped by the fact carapaz and lopez had no interest in chasing him down, basically it was dumoulin and pinot doing all the work. I thought they wasted alot of time waiting for pinots teammate to catch up also. How can yates go from looking so comfortable all tour and then ship 30 minutes today?  What sort of shape will froome be in tomorrow, likely the sky train will grind everyone else to dust once more.

The Giro always delivers, my favourite grand tour.

The Giro is fantastic. I'm a bit biased since I love Italy so much but the course is always interesting, the racing is good and in recent years especially more of the top guys have been there to have a go. Last year was a great edition but this year is just as good. Of course Froome could end up having this (and the Vuelta) taken off him but what a performance.

5 hours ago, well fan for life said:

This interview had me giggling to myself.

I did enjoy the later backtracking from Lotto, presumably shitting themselves about being sued.

It was funny hearing commentators going "I haven't seen anything like this since....(don't say Landis, don't say Landis, don't say Landis)....well, it's been a long time anyway"

Any word on what actually happened to Yates? The Froome performance was spectacular but having seen it again it was a perfect storm of Yates blowing up super early, Sky pushing the pace on the lower slopes and then Pinot, Dumoulin, Potzivovo et al messing about too much and not attacking as much as Froome on the descents and Froome himself saying that he was going to have to hang on in there til the third week since he's also wanting to win the Tour. Yet another cracking Giro though and fair play to big Tom Dumoulin for a brilliant defence of his title.