Procycling thread

myshkin

12% of population have asthma so one would expect only a tiny minority of athletes in endurance sports like cycling swimming n athletics to need asthma medication.....almost as if uk is smarter at cheating than Russia....

Looks like P&B has its best intellect on the case. [emoji45]

• 4 weeks later...

Read this article in Cycling News, seems Greg is already building a guillotine.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lemond-chris-froome-broke-the-rules-and-should-be-punished/#disqus_thread

Anyone any idea of when the case might come a conclusion?

FFS!

10 January 2018 • 5:00pm

British Cycling chief executive Julie Harrington has admitted her organisation will have “a decision to make” regarding Chris Froome’s selection to race in a British jersey if his salbutamol case has not been resolved by this autumn.

Edited by btb

• 5 weeks later...

Surprised there hasn't been any talk on this thread about Chris "Accidental Inhaler" Froome starting his season in the Ruta del Sol in Spain next week. Not sure if this is a good idea or not. Innocent until proven guilty and all that but it's some time they are taking to sort it out and Sky will be under real pressure from the get go.

Surprised there hasn't been any talk on this thread about Chris "Accidental Inhaler" Froome starting his season in the Ruta del Sol in Spain next week. Not sure if this is a good idea or not. Innocent until proven guilty and all that but it's some time they are taking to sort it out and Sky will be under real pressure from the get go.
Looks like taking the same length of time as Bertie's Clenbuterol case. Probably with the same outcome.
Big difference in attitude, when you're the guy leading the team, having tons of cash thrown at the team the result. As opposed to some anonymous domestique.

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/02/2018 at 21:12, Salvo Montalbano said:

Innocent until proven guilty? His Adverse Analytical Finding was off the scale. It's up to Froome to prove that he was not abusing Salbutamol. Froome's AAF result is incompatible with the account that he gave of his use of Salbutamol, i.e. his use of the drug and inhaler. The Clinic Forum on Cycling News' website has an interesting thread on Salbutamol. 

Here's the latest news - http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uk-anti-doping-data-a-blow-to-chris-froomes-salbutamol-defence/

"Data obtained from UK Anti-Doping has dealt a blow to Chris Froome’s likely defence in his on-going salbutamol case.

The data, obtained by the Press Association news agency via a Freedom of Information request, reveals that despite the high number of athletes diagnosed with asthma, salbutamol accounted for only three of the 109 Adverse Analytical Findings (AAF) that UKAD processed between January 2015 and December 2017.

"All three of the salbutamol AAF led to anti-doping rule violation cases. UKAD case data reveals that athletes from football, boxing and judo have been banned for the presence of salbutamol in their samples."

"Froome was notified on September 20 2017, of an AAF because a urine sample taken from him on stage 18 of the Vuelta a España exceeded the 100ng/ml allowed limit for salbutamol. He was found with 2000ng/ml but contends that he did not exceed the allowed dosage of the medication, saying that his asthma worsened during the race, and he followed his team doctor's recommendation to increase his dose.

Froome’s case was still being reviewed by the UCI Anti-Doping Foundation as he competed in the Ruta del Sol, which is allowed under UCI rules. The regulations do not require a provisional suspension in cases of 'specified substances' such as salbutamol.

The WADA anti-doping code allows a legal dosage range of 800 micrograms, or eight puffs on a typical inhaler, every 12 hours, and 1600ng/ml within 24 hours.

"Froome and Team Sky have denied they exceeded the dosage limits and have suggested the AAF could have been sparked by taking several puffs on an inhaler immediately before he was tested following stage 18 of the Vuelta a Espana. It has also been suggested that Froome’s kidneys somehow retained salbutamol, and then perhaps released it in a large dosage just before he gave his anti-doping urine sample." :rolleyes:  

There is no way only a few puffs could produce such a result. IIRC Froome's AAF was one of the highest levels of Salbutamol ever recorded in a doping test. The AAF was in September.

Froome has had plenty of time to provide an explanation but it appears that he hasn't. He should stop racing immediately even if the UCI cannot suspend him.

Sky's reputation as a clean team is in tatters, especially given their disgraceful behaviour in relation to the infamous Wiggins jiffy bag. The Froome case is even worse. It's time for the lies to stop and that means that Sir Dave Brailsford should go too.

Well this is going to get interesting ...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/43280081
Yep, very messy. Here are some of the highlights;

On cycling, Wiggins and Team Sky, the report also states:

The TUE system is open to abuse despite welcome reforms by Wada

Wada should introduce a complete ban on corticosteroids such as triamcinolone

Concern at the use of painkiller Tramadol by Team Sky and others and asks Wada to consider banning it

The Ukad investigation into the mystery package was made harder by British Cycling and Team Sky's failure to keep proper records As a result, UK Sport should determine an amount of compensation due to Ukad from British Cycling and Team Sky to cover the costs of the investigation

Brailsford must take responsibility for "the damaging scepticism about the legitimacy of his team's performance and accomplishments"

28 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The shit will really hit the fan if the GB Olympic team is investigated properly.

This

I think this latest report is going to open a whole new can of worms not only in cycling but also other sports .

I can’t help but think many of those who maybe involved will be taking anti - arsespasm drugs this morning 

1 hour ago, Unleash The Nade said:

This

I think this latest report is going to open a whole new can of worms not only in cycling but also other sports .

I can’t help but think many of those who maybe involved will be taking anti - arsespasm drugs this morning 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/43281273

Looks as though Athletics are under the spotlight as well. Will be interesting to see how all this pans out.

Froome racing in Ruta del Sol was fucking nonsense. Regardless of Sky's stance on the matter, he should be rested from competition until this concludes. If he escapes a ban we might as well just chuck anti-doping tests because they are seemingly irrelevant. 

Funny

3 hours ago, well fan for life said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/43281273

Looks as though Athletics are under the spotlight as well. Will be interesting to see how all this pans out.

Froome racing in Ruta del Sol was fucking nonsense. Regardless of Sky's stance on the matter, he should be rested from competition until this concludes. If he escapes a ban we might as well just chuck anti-doping tests because they are seemingly irrelevant. 

A bit off topic but its funny to see Mr. Clean getting a bit of the ordure thrown at him! :lol: 

Lord Coe gave 'misleading' answers over doping allegations, says DCMS report

Believable?

Coe told Panorama he had not opened the attachments and had simply forwarded the email on to the IAAF's ethics committee. As a result he claims he had not been aware of the detail of the corruption allegations and therefore had not misled parliament.

9 minutes ago, btb said:

Funny

A bit off topic but its funny to see Mr. Clean getting a bit of the ordure thrown at him! :lol: 

Believable?

I'm a huge fan of watching Coe squirm over this. Can you imagine the carnage if they start unravelling the Olympics over the last few years?

9 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I reckon I could give the Tour de France a fair crack if I had enough Tramadol tbh.

Tramadol is only a painkiller.  Like Sir Wiggo and Vroome, you would need more than that to get your weight down and power up to World Tour levels. 

The first step is to suddenly develop asthma and claim that you've had it for a long time. Then it's off to Tenerife for training on the corticosteroids. And then you need the Salbutamol inhaler for those in-competition boosts.

Finally, if you have on off-day, British Cycling can always arrange for jiffy bag to be delivered and claim it was for a woman cyclist...

27 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Tramadol is only a painkiller.  Like Sir Wiggo and Vroome, you would need more than that to get your weight down and power up to World Tour levels. 

The first step is to suddenly develop asthma and claim that you've had it for a long time. Then it's off to Tenerife for training on the corticosteroids. And then you need the Salbutamol inhaler for those in-competition boosts.

Finally, if you have on off-day, British Cycling can always arrange for jiffy bag to be delivered and claim it was for a woman cyclist...

When by back went tits up about 9 years ago,  the days and nights a had on tramadol were tremendous and Im sure i could have cigarred my way up the Alps   My GP had a cupboard load of them and would just give me a few boxes at a time, bypassing the prescription nonsense. 

I eventually had to get hold of some of the wife's diazepam to get me off the ceiling.

What a time to be alive. 

Watching Paris-Nice this afternoon. Brian Smith, commentating, says that Sky has not done anything illegal. Surely it's illegal to apply for a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) for a non-existent medical condition solely to improve the athlete's performance. That's doping by abusing the rules, i.e. cheating, not a marginal gain.  Sir David Brailsfraud should be stripped of his knighthood.