Procycling thread

myshkin

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 07:29, printer said:

Anyone know what Tom used to wipe his bum? Do the team cars have a supply of bog roll for such an emergency?

he should have used the pink jersey,it would have shown it the same respect those shitebags who attacked and the Italian tifosi did

Top trolling from Dumoulin today.
Sat back & watched others pull back time on Nibali & Quintana, whilst marking their every move.
Even had the time to say Pinot would be more deserving of a podium finish.

Landa won the stage today, Quintana was about 8.30 behind him but he was over a minute in front of Dumoulin, who battled hard to hang onto second in the GC. Dumoulin trails Quintana by 38 seconds and if he can keep the gap around that there is a good chance he can overturn it in Sunday's final time trial.

Seemed Dumoulin/Sunweb were caught out the same way Froome/Sky were at last year's Vuelta - hanging around at the back of the peleton and not keeping any eye out for a potential early attack. Hopefully he can hang on today and then nail the time trial. I quite like Nibali tbh but there's something I can't quite put my finger on whereby I don't like Quintana at all. I'd be delighted if it finished Dumoulin-Nibali-Pinot on Sunday.

Agree about the last two posts too. The organisers deserve a lot of credit for coming up with such an interesting course, and with Rolland getting a win and Landa turning two near misses into a won too, there's been plenty of stories each day. 

Great stage today. Delighted for Pinot, he's such a grafter. Hope Dimoulin smashes the TT he'd be a worthy winner.

I too have little love for Quintana. Think it's because he's such a one trick pony who only comes into his own when it gets to 10%+ gradients.

7 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Off topic but it has to said - the girl in the Tel Aviv/Jerusalem advert is probably the hottest woman I've ever seen :wub:

Nice to see it has found it's way onto more mainstream channels too. Far too long that advert has been hiding away on Eurosport and the likes. Deserves a wider audience.

^^^'Knew the advert before it was cool' type post.

5 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Nice to see it has found it's way onto more mainstream channels too. Far too long that advert has been hiding away on Eurosport and the likes. Deserves a wider audience.

^^^'Knew the advert before it was cool' type post.

It's Eurosport I'm seeing it.  :wub:

Is it true Dumoulin had time to read the copy of "Gazzetta", he had stuck up his jersey, when he stopped for his dump; & still beat Nibali & Quintana to the GC win in the Giro?

• 2 weeks later...

For Cyclingfans without Eurosport, ITV4 are showing highlights of the Critérium du Dauphiné at 10pm each night. Should be available on catch up of you've missed the first two stages so I'll spoiler the highlights from the first couple of days.

Spoiler

First stage was a great breakaway from Thomas de Gendt who was initially after KoM points but ended up going solo with about 15 km to go and held on brilliantly. 

Second stage looked set for a bunch sprint and it turned out that way with Arnaud Demare of FdJ timing it well with the other trains disintegrating somewhat.

It's a great field with a bunch of top names - even moreso than the Giro although not all the top guys are going for the win; Contador and a few others are just looking to build for the Tour. 

Some finish to the Dauphine Libere.
Porte loses out to Fugelsang, who takes the final stage & GC.
Porte showed "phenomenal" form, holding a group at approx 1.10 for nigh on 35km including a 5k drag on the flat & an 11km climb. But just couldn't pull back the Astana rider by the finish line.

Porte did look exceptional but while in the last there may have been a fee words said, I do think that it's been a genuine improvement. He's stepped up from being Froome's number 2 (and bizarrely co-leader to van Garderen) to being a genuine GC player, he's been able to build a team around him including a few ex-Sky domestiques of real quality and has totally improved him time trialing immeasurably.

Looks like Froome is going for the Tour-Vuelta double in the worst possible year with so many people able to give him a real go in the mountains and his time trialing looking a bit suspect. He's still an amazing decender though and he may well look to take time that way on some of the others. I'd imagine he'll have Thomas back and potentially a few other strong workers too, and he'll try to play a defensive race and hope for mistakes from the other contenders. It's probably going to be dull in comparison to the Giro and Dauphine but who knows? Maybe this is the year we get a classic.