Procycling thread

myshkin

Gilbert beats Kwiatowski in a sprint for the line to win Amstel Gold, having done major turns at the front from the inception of the crucial break.

Now Michele Scarponi, who turns 38 later this year, wins Stage 1 of Tour of the Alps (Trentino). Outclimbs/sprints Thomas, Pinot, Formolo, and Pozzovivo.

Gibert's form has been non existant for 4/5 years & Scarponi, who has history of doping exclusions, last won 3 & 1/2 years ago.

I wish these cnuts would just FRO.

Sickening news, winning stages during the week and last picture he tweeted last night was him and his two kids.Was set to lead his team at the 100th giro next month.Just shows how fragile life is.

That last tweet from him... bloody hell. So sad.

Bora-Hansgrohe  man Lukas Postlberger wins the first stage of the giro as the sprinters got it wrong at the finish.. Six man breakaway for much of the day, a mundane pace so some beautiful shots of the island of Sardinia. Krujiswijk got caught behind a crash and is 13 seconds behind the main GC men after the first stage. 

Griepel win in a sprint finish, takes pink, Caleb's cleet comes out with 100m to go after collision with Gaviria.
Main talking point, the mechanical suffered by Zacharin 10k out. Great team effort by Katusha to get him back to the peleton by the last km.

I've been watching the highlights on Eurosport. Quite good but not enjoying it as much as the ITV4 highlights for some reason. Not sure if it's the 90 minute length (lots of clipa of not a lot happening), the lack of Gary Imlach (Jonathan Edwards tries his best but Imlach is up there amongst the best in the business) or Rob Hatch and Sean Kelly's commentary but I found it a bit meh.

12 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I've been watching the highlights on Eurosport. Quite good but not enjoying it as much as the ITV4 highlights for some reason. Not sure if it's the 90 minute length (lots of clipa of not a lot happening), the lack of Gary Imlach (Jonathan Edwards tries his best but Imlach is up there amongst the best in the business) or Rob Hatch and Sean Kelly's commentary but I found it a bit meh.

Prefer Ashley House & Flecha, to Edwards & Hayman. But will probably get used to it after the next three weeks.

Jan Polanc with a fantastic breakaway win in today's stage as the GC men eyeballed each other up Mount Etna.Bob Jungels into pink.

All eyes on Nibali tomorrow as the stage finishes in his hometown of Messina.

Rohan Dennis abandon and Javier Moreno chucked out after an altercation with a sky rider so down to 193 riders.