Procycling thread

myshkin

Pinot in the break, but three climbs to go and he's nine minutes down on GC anyway. Nibali out the back.
Think the top guys will ride in tandem, allowing Valverde(who like Nibali also rode and podiumed at the Giro) or Dan Martin to take the stage.

The most ridiculous descent I've ever seen. Looked like Froome was almost struggling with the revs his legs were turning at. Pretty far-fetched for my liking, even Nibali and Sagan can't descend like that, let alone Froome who's never been known as a descender.

Whatever your thoughts re doping and mechanical doping, the similarities between Sky/Froome and US Postal/Armstrong are there for all to see. Absolutely bossed that stage with a Postal like train, Henao was absurd.
Froome might say it wasn't a premeditated attack, but looks like it was to me as he attacked before the summit.
I'll let it ride, but if tomorrow brings another Sky train then Froome victory, I'm as good as done with the race. Hopes for a few of the others though.

Froome's victory today had nothing to with doping and everything to do with a superb tactical move and his unorthodox (to say the least) riding style on the decent.  Fair play to him and Sky.

Of course that doesn't mean he isn't doping - like everyone else on here I have no idea whether he is or not - but this win wasn't down to doping.

All that said, it does now look very ominous for the rest of the race and to see a good contest we really need Quintana to be strong and get his tactics right, starting from tomorrow.

What a load of nonsense putting Froome 's time gap down to doping. It was a bold attack with a bizarre cycling position but the gap was as much down to Movistar and BMC failing to immediately chase him down and instead fannying about watching him go.

The Sky train is ridiculous this tour but Movistar and Tinkoff have done similar at various points this season too and at least Sky are throwing in a few attacks and counter punches to liven it up a bit more compared to previous years.

Of course none of us know about doping but pro cycling must have the most rigorous anti doping system in the world, particularly when you compare it to the shambles at the IAF.

Sky could easily collapse tomorrow in Andorra, and leave Froome isolated like what happened in 2013, for the race to be on. I was quite surprised that Geriant Thomas has been punted from the number 2 to no. 3 role at team Sky. I wonder if/when he'll get a chance to lead team Sky in a grand tour.

Yates only needs 3 seconds (and the stage win) on Froome to go into yellow, so the Tour's not over yet.

Froome's victory today had nothing to with doping and everything to do with a superb tactical move and his unorthodox (to say the least) riding style on the decent.  Fair play to him and Sky.

Of course that doesn't mean he isn't doping - like everyone else on here I have no idea whether he is or not - but this win wasn't down to doping.

I agree with this.

Quintana sat up when he and Froome crested the summit. If he'd stayed on Froome's wheel the outcome would have probably been different.

Anyway, I'm away out to practise that Froomey descending position down Glen Brae. :blink:

Sky are just super strong this tour - most other teams would love to have Henao, Thomas, even Pouls as a team leader never mind a domestique and that's before you think that Roche and Knees aren't even in the squad for this tour. Surprised Movistar or BMC didn't put more into the chase but maybe they figured they can try and isolate Froome in the Alps later if Sky keep the pace high. I don't think Froome or Sky will be too fussed if Yates took Yellow today with the Alps and two time trials to come so if he can get ahead at some point he might manage to nip ahead in the GC.