Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Thought this serious matter needed repeating.

7 hours ago, Raidernation said:

IMO if she sniffs it before their next game I would expect them to have to withdraw

7 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A249C033-4FCA-4273-B34A-49858CCFA2FF.jpeg

British athletics star Christin Ohuruogu has retired.

In a sport where drugs cheats dominate, it's important to remember her brave achievement in winning the World Championships in 2007 just after returning from a 12 month ban for missing drugs tests.

I, like the British media, am sure there was no connection between those missed tests and her massive improvement in that period.

I love everything about the World Cup. I was in Brazil for 3 weeks at the last one, gave Russia a miss and decided I was only going to Qatar if Scotland qualified (unlikely I know). Today I had a f**k it moment and decided I’m going regardless. I’ll definitely be attending Canada/Mexico/USA also, providing I’m still alive. I fucking love the World Cup!!!!!

I love everything about the World Cup. I was in Brazil for 3 weeks at the last one, gave Russia a miss and decided I was only going to Qatar if Scotland qualified (unlikely I know). Today I had a f**k it moment and decided I’m going regardless. I’ll definitely be attending Canada/Mexico/USA also, providing I’m still alive. I fucking love the World Cup!!!!!
Snap about 2026. My kids will be 14 & 11 so a perfect age, hopefully, for taking to a game or even just experiencing the atmosphere in a host city.

8 minutes ago, Swarley said:
15 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Snap about 2026. My kids will be 14 & 11 so a perfect age, hopefully, for taking to a game or even just experiencing the atmosphere in a host city.

My brother and I have devised a plan that basically involves dumping the other halves (he’s got kids, i currently don’t) in Florida for a few weeks, while we f**k off about the country to see games.  One of my best mates lives in Toronto so be taking in a game or two there also. 

Sat on a train back to Glasgow tonight. EDL Abdul walks on and sits in front of me head to toe in Rangers* gear and a Rangers* rucksack :lol:  2 other **** got on with him. 2 minutes later a young boy walks on in a full Celtic kit and sits right between them all. Delicious being able to sense the seethe coming from the 3 of them :lol: 

My brother and I have devised a plan that basically involves dumping the other halves (he’s got kids, i currently don’t) in Florida for a few weeks, while we f**k off about the country to see games.  One of my best mates lives in Toronto so be taking in a game or two there also. 
Cool, I'll drop off my two on 10th June 2026.

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Kate Winslet in Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind.

^^^ Things You Want To Keep For Yourself thread for this pish

On 30/06/2018 at 03:14, 19QOS19 said:

Out of interest what technique does it teach you? I read a Derren Brown book a while back and his technique involved placing object in a street you're familiar with but making them very large in your mind. It worked for a few items but not that many.

I used another technique and cannot remember where I learned it (ironically!) which is far more effective. You place and object in every room of a building or house you know well and walk around the building in your mind. That one works really well. I ended up 'sticking' objects up on the four walls of every building so I could remember more things. At one point I wrote them all down and memorised them. Well over 200 items. I got folk to say a number and I'd give them the corresponding item. Took me a wee bit of time to remember them all but if it improved my memory even a wee bit it's worth it. As it's generally shit!

The technique it used for that specific list was to pair them off and actually visualise each pair in the corner of the room you are in and picture the last two items in the middle of the floor. 

Rice, sausages, wine, peas, cheese, eggs, bin bags, chicken, tin foil, washing powder. 

In one corner picture a huge pile of rice with sausages sticking out of it. Go, do it!

In the next corner picture a massive glass of wine with peas floating in it.

In the next corner picture a block of Swiss cheese with holes in it with eggs wedged in the holes.

In the last corner imagine an open bin bag with chickens taking turns at running up and jumping in. 

In the middle of the floor imagine a large square of tin foil with a pile of washing powder poured on it. 

I might not ever remember anything else ever again, but I'm going to remember that stupid list for eternity. 

Don't know if this has been posted before, but the attempted rescue of the Thai kids football team from a flooded cave is both heartwarming and the best entertainment since the Chilean miners rescue a few years ago. All reality TV shows should be like this.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2018/jul/02/thailand-cave-rescue-divers-search-for-missing-football-team-live

The technique it used for that specific list was to pair them off and actually visualise each pair in the corner of the room you are in and picture the last two items in the middle of the floor. 
Rice, sausages, wine, peas, cheese, eggs, bin bags, chicken, tin foil, washing powder. 
In one corner picture a huge pile of rice with sausages sticking out of it. Go, do it!
In the next corner picture a massive glass of wine with peas floating in it.
In the next corner picture a block of Swiss cheese with holes in it with eggs wedged in the holes.
In the last corner imagine an open bin bag with chickens taking turns at running up and jumping in. 
In the middle of the floor imagine a large square of tin foil with a pile of washing powder poured on it. 
I might not ever remember anything else ever again, but I'm going to remember that stupid list for eternity. 
I suppose that's not a bad technique either and if I combine it with my technique of walking around a building I can get 10 items in a room rather than 4 :)