Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

10 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Lower risk of death full-stop? I've got a hound (easy now) - immortality awaits? 

The headline on the actual article isn't much better:

Dog owners have lower mortality, study finds

So in short, yes, you have a 66% chance of never dying. 

2 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

The headline on the actual article isn't much better:

So in short, yes, you have a 66% chance of never dying. 

That’s great news, thanks. Always felt my cavalier approach to life was the right way.

Back in late August I had a follow up scan after my acute pancreatitis attack in May. Unfortunately the scan showed I had a small tumour in the head of my pancreas and the scraping test results indicated it to be cancerous. Less than 2 weeks later I was put under the knife to undergo what's called the "whipple procedure" where they  remove part of your stomach, pancreas, intestines and all of your bile duct. Thankfully the operation went well and I was discharged from hospital after 2 weeks, albeit 20kg lighter.
I've been given a tablet form of chemotherapy which I can take at home in 4 weeks on/2 weeks off cycles. I'm coming to the end of the first 4 weeks and the only side effect I'm suffering from so far is a bit of nausea.
Sorry if I've brought the mood down but just wanted to get it off my chest. It's good to talk and all that!

Good news they caught and removed it.
The wife swears by ginger tea for nausea. If only you were in a tea daft country amd would be able to get hold of some

5 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Good news they caught and removed it.
The wife swears by ginger tea for nausea. If only you were in a tea daft country amd would be able to get hold of some

Cheers. Will give that a try, if I can find some.......

8 hours ago, Tynieness said:

Don't ever go to @The Captain place for hospitality.  Shite food and runs out of drink

@Audaces Fortuna Juvat

In the interests of clarity ,  Tynieness - turns about dressed like a jaikey in the park with his " borrowed " Boness United tracksuit -  proceeds to drink gaff dry - scoffs on Tesco finest party scran till his " size 32 " waist can take no more. Then wants more.  Persistent attempts at cheating in trivial pursuit were rebuffed by Audaces Fortuna Juvat and myself. In fairness he did win and celebrated like an FA Cup final winner before shuffling off in a taxi at early o'clock.  Suggest he maybe feeling tender this morning but grateful not working , unlike poor audaces who will surely fail to set any productivity records today.

I'm away to cover a game for a couple of rags shortly.  Going to be even more made up than normal.
At least I'm getting a lift.

That’s cheating. I didn’t have the break of being at football. I take back my good luck sentiments!