Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I wouldn't share a personal tragedy on here but I certainly won't criticise others that do.

Condolences.

Exactly this.

People deal with tragedies in their lives differently and if someone feels better sharing their upset to help them get through it, then it can only be a good thing. 

Condolences  @Tynieness . You will get through it mate. I lost my Mum 13 years ago, through Cancer, I was in my early 20's. I always think of her but I know she would just be wanting me to get on with life. 

Thats how I got through it, I just thought, "What would she want me doing?"

45 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Exactly this.

People deal with tragedies in their lives differently and if someone feels better sharing their upset to help them get through it, then it can only be a good thing. 

Condolences  @Tynieness . You will get through it mate. I lost my Mum 13 years ago, through Cancer, I was in my early 20's. I always think of her but I know she would just be wanting me to get on with life. 

Thats how I got through it, I just thought, "What would she want me doing?"

That's an important thing.  All of us will have a personal tragedy when we will find it hard to go on.  Depending upon age it may be a parent or partner/spouse. 

We have to find a way to go on.  The alternative is untenable.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I wouldn't share a personal tragedy on here but I certainly won't criticise others that do.

Condolences.

Your account on here is a personal tragedy.  

The only surprise was you didn't join ICTjohnboy being an insensitive w**k. 

I'm pretty good at making a curry, but tonight's lamb and chickpea saag is the best I've ever done. What did I do different than usual? No fucking idea.

I do a great tikka with this stuff. Despite the name it's brill.
Always tastes slightly different though but never bad.
Marinate skinned and boned chicken thighs in yoghurt and the spice mix. 511XWID5WGL._SY400_.jpg

I'm pretty good at making a curry, but tonight's lamb and chickpea saag is the best I've ever done. What did I do different than usual? No fucking idea.

I keep finding that with curries. They are always nice but sometimes I make one that is incredible, but can't figure out what I did differently.

12 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I keep finding that with curries. They are always nice but sometimes I make one that is incredible, but can't figure out what I did differently.

I've been through exactly what I did, and I'm fairly sure the two main reasons for the magnificence were:

(i) A much larger stick of cinnamon than normal, &

(ii) The use of lamb forcing me to cook it for ages on a low heat.

ETA: Replaced some oil with ghee too. That'll be it.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

On 10/15/2017 at 10:09, Tynieness said:

My dad passed away the other night, though he did fantastically well seeing as he was told he would be lucky to make it to last xmas.  In the end he went fairly peacefully and somewhat ironically the funeral date is one year to the day he collapsed with his perforated bowel.  

Friday was manic with lots of organising to be done as my mum isn't up to it and Monday will no doubt bring more of the same.

Will be glad when its all done.

Being busy with funeral stuff etc gets you through it. Plenty of threads on here where you can get a bit of help/support/pisstaking as required if you have any down moments once things quieten down. Lost my old man when I was about 20 and my sister more recently and you'll find lots of folk on here who will have gone through similar emotions. Your dad is physically gone but you'll always have the memories. Folk don't vanish from your life when they die as you've all the memories things you'll have picked up from your dad. No escaping the fact it's shite to lose someone but time is a great healer. 

12 minutes ago, Hipster Dufus said:

Became a U.S. citizen on Friday.     Dual National now of Scotland and the Yoo Ess Ayy.
2 teams who didn't qualify for Russia 2018.  Jinx.

Ever thought about moving to England?

Over the past few hours my account has been locked due to failed log ins from G12 and EH7, according to the email I received the IP addresses were banned from any more attempts. 

Many other p&bers been attempted hacked tonight from Leith or the West End?