Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

9 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

My dad passed away the other night, though he did fantastically well seeing as he was told he would be lucky to make it to last xmas.  In the end he went fairly peacefully and somewhat ironically the funeral date is one year to the day he collapsed with his perforated bowel.  

Friday was manic with lots of organising to be done as my mum isn't up to it and Monday will no doubt bring more of the same.

Will be glad when its all done.

8 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Sorry about your loss

We are all saddened by your loss .

I 'm inclined to believe all the same, that some family matters should be kept private,  particularly when it involves a bereavement, but if  sharing your thoughts on here helps  get you through this, then so be it.

My dad passed away the other night, though he did fantastically well seeing as he was told he would be lucky to make it to last xmas.  In the end he went fairly peacefully and somewhat ironically the funeral date is one year to the day he collapsed with his perforated bowel.  
Friday was manic with lots of organising to be done as my mum isn't up to it and Monday will no doubt bring more of the same.

Condolences mate.

I respect John's opinion, each to their own, but I have found that the majority of regular posters on here are decent folk and very supportive of others when having a difficult time.

As you say Kilbowie it is good to vent at times and certainly I posted about it on a few occasions  and some of the guys were great.  

2 hours ago, Tynieness said:

Sorry to hear this mate. 

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

We are all saddened by your loss .

I 'm inclined to believe all the same, that some family matters should be kept private,  particularly when it involves a bereavement, but if  sharing your thoughts on here helps  get you through this, then so be it.

You've made yourself look like a monumental c**t here. What was the point?

3 hours ago, Tynieness said:

Very sorry for your loss pal. 

John, think you're a bit out of order man, folk use this place as a vent, its a good thing.

I was going to comment the same thing as you tbh.

Tynieness is entitled to deal with things his own way, also he has mentioned his fathers illness on here a couple of times before & I'm sure got a lot of encouragement & support.

ETA- sorry, posted this before I saw Tynieness reply.

3 hours ago, Tynieness said:

I found the hectic time after my Dad died last summer up till the funeral helpful, no time to think much about it till all the jobs were done and the relatives had gone home. Also being able to let loose on here about it, my family would be the last people I'd want to talk to about it. Glad your Dad went fairly peacefully, mine did too in the end.

2 hours ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Sorry to hear this mate. 

You've made yourself look like a monumental c**t here. What was the point?

No point. I was just expressing an opinion. I lost my brother in fairly tragic circumstances a few years but I dealt with it privately, albeit with a lot of help and support from close friends and family members. I just happen to believe that's how these matters should be conducted, but if this causes you, or anyone else any offence then please accept my apologies.

In the case of my own family bereavement, the last thing I wanted, or needed, was to mention it on this, or on any other social networking site and I do know for a fact my brother would have felt exactly the same about that.

5 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Poor show, pal.  Tynie's mentioned his auld man before and it's right he closes the circle with his post.

Sorry to hear Tynie! Hope you are doing okay

6 hours ago, Tynieness said:

Sorry to hear of your loss. Shit times bud, keep your heed up

59 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

No point. I was just expressing an opinion. I lost my brother in fairly tragic circumstances a few years but I dealt with it privately, albeit with a lot of help and support from close friends and family members. I just happen to believe that's how these matters should be conducted, but if this causes you, or anyone else any offence then please accept my apologies.

In the case of my own family bereavement, the last thing I wanted, or needed, was to mention it on this, or on any other social networking site and I do know for a fact my brother would have felt exactly the same about that.

There's no "should be conducted" about it. How you felt is strictly about you, and fair enough. There are no rules about these things. In my case there were disagreements within the family about the care of my Dad so I didn't feel comfortable going into how I felt with them. When I met up with close friends it was an escape from all that was going on and I didn't want it all to be about how I was feeling. Letting go to anonymous strangers on here was a great relief, bit like unloading to a friendly barman in the movies.

7 hours ago, Tynieness said:

Condolences mate. 

Ive spoken a few times on here about my dad passing away, sometimes you want to talk about it without actually talking to someone. Whatever helps you at that moment in time.