Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I was able to enjoy the new Paramore album much more when I discovered it was written/recorded while Hayley's marriage was failing.

Did you notice the similarity to the song Two times by Anne Lee? Or was that before your time?

16 minutes ago, throbber said:

Did you notice the similarity to the song Two times by Anne Lee? Or was that before your time?

I listened to it after I saw your post. Aside from having a title that's a monosyllabic word followed by "Times" that's repeated in the chorus, I fail to see the similarity.

I just sent an email out to a couple of hundred folk in the work asking if they have applied for access to something.  Seconds after sending it I was gripped with the fear that the word "applied" wasn't actually a word (even though I know it is).

I had to go look it up just to confirm to myself that I wouldn't have to throw myself out the window.

Top Tip

I needed to get 2 photos for an ID badge in work, passport size but any old shit would do. I went to Tesco and was told its £5 for 4, so, being a tight arse, I asked could I take a selfie and print it off myself? No problem. Did that and got 9 on the one sheet, for £1. Now I'm £4 better off and totally self sufficient in passport size photos of myself for the foreseeable future. Result.

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Top Tip

I needed to get 2 photos for an ID badge in work, passport size but any old shit would do. I went to Tesco and was told its £5 for 4, so, being a tight arse, I asked could I take a selfie and print it off myself? No problem. Did that and got 9 on the one sheet, for £1. Now I'm £4 better off and totally self sufficient in passport size photos of myself for the foreseeable future. Result.

It's still a photo of you, but.  I wouldn't be celebrating too much. 

Edited by KnightswoodBear

I worked in that London years ago and needed a photo for my travel pass so I waited in a long queue for the photo booth, in rush hour, and when the options came up it asked 'do you want 4 pics or 1'? So I thought that the '1' option was one flash but 4 pics so I chose that, I was wrong, when it eventually came out the machine, in front of everyone else waiting for theirs, it was 1 large, almost A4 size photo of myself. Felt like a right dick.

47 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Top Tip

Passport office is getting dead fussy these days, tried a few selfies and they weren't having it. Ended up paying a tenner at Jessops to make sure, as was in a bit of a rush.