Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

There is a link between the Marx Brothers, the Atomic Bomb and the US Space Programme:

Zeppo Marx, the youngest of the Marx brothers spent much of his brief time on screen being overshadowed by flashier siblings Chico, Groucho and Harpo.

Yet he achieved far greater success as an inventor of a wristwatch that monitored the pulse rate of heart patients and emitted an alarm when their heartbeats became irregular.

Zeppo also founded Marman Products, an aerospace manufacturer that made the clamps that held the atomic bomb released on 9 August 1945 above the Japanese city of Nagasaki.

Similar clamps would be employed in 1962 on the Friendship 7 mission that saw the late John Glenn become the first American to orbit the Earth.

We had a 17yr old in for an interview today, all was going well then my colleague asked him if he had a criminal record, the lad kinda paused so he was told not to worry, it won't affect his chances, it's just for disclosure, it's not as if he committed murder or anything like that. He then told us he had a criminal record, and had done time, for attempted murder.

He said he got in with a bad crowd when he was 12 and nearly killed a rival gang member when he was 13, he got sentenced to 6.5 years but did only 3.5. He said the worse thing about it was that he got his girlfriend pregnant before he went down and never got to see his daughter, who's now 4, grow up. [emoji4].

Not my decision buts hes not getting the job.

he was told not to worry, it won't affect his chances, it's just for disclosure, it's not as if he committed murder or anything like that. He then told us he had a criminal record, and had done time, for attempted murder.

He's not getting the job.

Honesty pays, eh?

Just now, Drew Brees said:

We had a 17yr old in for an interview today, all was going well then my colleague asked him if he had a criminal record, the lad kinda paused so he was told not to worry, it won't affect his chances, it's just for disclosure, it's not as if he committed murder or anything like that. He then told us he had a criminal record, and had done time, for attempted murder.

He said he got in with a bad crowd when he was 12 and nearly killed a rival gang member when he was 13, he got sentenced to 6.5 years but did only 3.5. He said the worse thing about it was that he got his girlfriend pregnant before he went down and never got to see his daughter, who's now 4, grow up. :).

Did he not wear a tie?

He said he got in with a bad crowd when he was 12 and nearly killed a rival gang member when he was 13, he got sentenced to 6.5 years but did only 3.5. He said the worse thing about it was that he got his girlfriend pregnant before he went down and never got to see his daughter, who's now 4, grow up. [emoji4].

Should you even be telling random people on the internet this? Seems like something that should be kept behind company doors.

So he was told being honest bout his criminal conviction would not affect his chance of employment.....but it clearly has.  Feel sorry for the lad

Me too, unfortunately it's not my decision, as soon as he walked out the door my bosses both agreed they wouldn't be asking him back, we had over 300 applications for 16 jobs so they can be choosy. I think his past would have came out at some stage so he couldn't exactly lie about it, we do thorough checks. Lots of the folk we have in have been sent to us and quite a few don't even want to be there, the jobs are for apprenticeships in the building trade and a lad told us yesterday that he wants to be a mechanic and only came cause he was sent. It's a shame for the ones that are really interested in the job.  

Should you even be telling random people on the internet this? Seems like something that should be kept behind company doors.

I think we'll be fine, no names of company or applicant. Just a random anonymous tale.