Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

52 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I do it. Crack the egg into a wee sieve above a cup and it lets all the runny white away. Also makes dooking them into the pan much easier. And, once cooked, it gives you a much tidier egg. 

Of the entire world of possibilities out there, it seems my speciality is poaching eggs. If any PnBers are looking for any hints or tips, I’m here…

So do you then poach the yolk and white seperate?

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

My wife decided to attempt poaching an egg the other day. The instructions she looked up (bbc good food) started off with "make sure you strain your egg". She had the egg in a sieve. Has anyone ever heard of this tomfoolery before? In 30 years of poaching (on and off, sometimes professionally from five star hotels to brewer's fayres) i've never once heard of this nonsense. What the f**k man. Probably some foodie twat like nigel slater or that wee shoplifting guy making up stuff. 

Spent majority of my life convinced poaching eggs was sorcery.

Never managed a decent looking egg - did the swirly water thing, the matchstick thing, the vinegar thing, the fancy contraption thing(s), all utter failures.

Couple years back mate said sieve it

GAME CHANGER

Edited by PogoStick

3 hours ago, coprolite said:

My wife decided to attempt poaching an egg the other day. The instructions she looked up (bbc good food) started off with "make sure you strain your egg". She had the egg in a sieve. Has anyone ever heard of this tomfoolery before? In 30 years of poaching (on and off, sometimes professionally from five star hotels to brewer's fayres) i've never once heard of this nonsense. What the f**k man. Probably some foodie twat like nigel slater or that wee shoplifting guy making up stuff. 

*sigh*

I'm too tired to Kenneth.

Spoiler

0bA-Ri.gif

11 minutes ago, RH33 said:

So do you then poach the yolk and white seperate?

No, no, it doesn’t separate the two, just drains away the thin part of the egg white  - the wettest slipperiest bit.

Needs a dense sieve - think like a tea strainer rather than a wide new fangled one, you still want to retain most of the white, just nae the sloppy bits.

What is it with This Morning and massive wangs? They once had some American on who claimed to have the world's biggest willy. Also Phillip Schofield and Richard Madeley, lol.

Shame God doesn't exist, because I love the sense of humour behind bestowing spectacular genitals upon really quite unattractive men. I remember the American complaining about how many women he'd boned who weren't attracted to him and just wanted to try out his equipment, which really is one for the First World Problems thread.

14 minutes ago, BFTD said:

What is it with This Morning and massive wangs? They once had some American on who claimed to have the world's biggest willy.

That was my Uncle Billy. 

But he showed it to the girls next door who thought it was a snake, hit it with a rake, and now it's only 5 foot 4.