Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

He has such a close relationship with Ronnie McDonald that it will take something big like relegation for him to lose his job even though we've been in a downward spiral for about two years.

Just havin a wee chuckle to masel Bert...what you posted there is the complete opposite of the Allan Moore/Douglas Rae relationship :lol:

Just havin a wee chuckle to masel Bert...what you posted there is the complete opposite of the Allan Moore/Douglas Rae relationship :lol:

Definitely alot of parallels between the two clubs.

Edited by Bert Raccoon

Definitely alot of parallels between the two clubs.

Well no really if Mr Reid and his Chairman are as close as you say...personally I think Allan Moore would gleefully feed Dougie Rae tae the fishes...(VT hates him by the way..calls him 'a meddlin' b*****d...and Willy Wonka) :lol:

I love football. I mean, I probably don't love it more than the average punter, but I love going to the game, having a beer, coming home, coming on here to discuss the game and watching MOTD at night. I love the fact that when I was sitting tearing my hair out at Forthbank today over a penalty that should have been awarded and biting my nails during the last ten minutes when Stirling were in all out attack mode, that there was someone else at the very other end of the country going through the exact same emotions as myself. I love not winning 5-0 every week. This was my third game this season and was the first goal that I saw us score, making it all the more sweeter.

Basically, I love football.

I think we had a discussion about that in the pub after Ayr beat us 6-1. No one seemed to understand why we were having such a good day out on the back of a cuffing.

We did indeed. I think the copius amounts of alcohol consumed contributed to the merriment, that and the good company.....:ph34r:

To bring up again the whole discussion about whether or not football is fantastic, I just haven't gotten excited about the new season at all.

A lot of it is to do with the Rangers / Sevco situation, the whole thing just scunnered me, and even more so that by forming a new club they've dodged just about every punishment they should have got.

My daughter was recently born, so I was always going to miss a couple of games at the start of the season, but I have almost no enthusiasm for going back at all.

To bring up again the whole discussion about whether or not football is fantastic, I just haven't gotten excited about the new season at all.

A lot of it is to do with the Rangers / Sevco situation, the whole thing just scunnered me, and even more so that by forming a new club they've dodged just about every punishment they should have got.

My daughter was recently born, so I was always going to miss a couple of games at the start of the season, but I have almost no enthusiasm for going back at all.

I'm the opposite way. I get where you are coming from regarding Sevco, but honestly, while the fact it wasn't an open application for any club to apply to the vacant 3rd division slot still irks me, the fact that collective fan pressure beat the sympathetic media pressure to let the fuckers in at as high a level as possible was pleasing in the extreme. The long wait to find out how Thistle had voted and eventually the club coming clean and announcing they had said no to Newco in the 1st division was such a massive relief, and I felt satisfied enough to just look forward to the football again.

And I've not been let down; we've had a great start to the season, and considering some of the shit in recent seasons it's the first time I'm actively looking forward to going to watch Thistle play without that sense of dreaded "why do I bother with this shit" that normally accompanies it.

Massive credit where it's due to Jackie McNamara. I tend to agree with his programme notes every time I read them, he's not prone to spouting bullshit to cover his tracks like McCall was, and he's made some cracking signings for the club. Long may it continue.

This should be in the 'Things I hate about America thread'. After the hippo has done his business some yank bint says, "What was that?"

WHAT DID IT FUCKIN LOOK LIKE YOU STUPID FUCKIN COW?

ETA- Just watched it again and the hippos arse sounds like it's about to play the Johnny Briggs theme tune before ending up sounding like a remote controlled helicopter or a petrol strimmer.

Edited by Dee Man

This is exactly how I feel. I still bought my ST and go to as many games as I can but I don't feel anywhere near as enthusiastic as I felt about going last season. I can barely have a conversation about football anymore without someone mentioning how Rangers and their fans are superior to the rest of us and I'm fed up hearing about it. And as ThatBoyRonaldo says, it's only going to get worse as time goes on.