Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I accept that.  Hopefully this ruling will be applied across the board; if it's discriminatory to keep kids apart then it should be used to make single sex schools unlawful.

This ruling is on co-educational schools rather than single sex schools.  The school that was ruled on here was co-educational but completely separated boys and girls.  If they'd had separate schools then no laws would be broken. 

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

This ruling is on co-educational schools rather than single sex schools.  The school that was ruled on here was co-educational but completely separated boys and girls.  If they'd had separate schools then no laws would be broken. 

Which makes the whole thing senseless.  The school could just easily split into two schools sharing the same premises to subvert the ruling.

Id prefer to see the spirit of the ruling upheld to outlaw single gender schools.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Which makes the whole thing senseless.  The school could just easily split into two schools sharing the same premises to subvert the ruling.

Id prefer to see the spirit of the ruling upheld to outlaw single gender schools.

What about transgenders? Where would you want them to go?

Which school did you go to?

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I doubt that would be acceptable to inspectors.

Why do you want single gender schools outlawed?  

When I was in fourth year at High School they decided to experiment and split two English classes into boys and girls. All the girls obtained standard grade 1 or 2. None of the boys managed a credit standard grade. 

I actually enjoyed it as there was very little distraction and all the girls felt comfortable doing their class talk section without their being boys in the room. 

Wouldn't have liked to have been at an all girls school though.

When I was in fourth year at High School they decided to experiment and split two English classes into boys and girls. All the girls obtained standard grade 1 or 2. None of the boys managed a credit standard grade. 
I actually enjoyed it as there was very little distraction and all the girls felt comfortable doing their class talk section without their being boys in the room. 

I think I would have preferred being at an all girls school to an all boys one tbf.

The same happened in our school but with a broadly opposite outcome. All the boys got a credit grade and the lassie's crashed and burned. Think the reasoning for the boys was that no girls meant there was less chance of the boys acting up for attention.

My dad passed away the other night, though he did fantastically well seeing as he was told he would be lucky to make it to last xmas.  In the end he went fairly peacefully and somewhat ironically the funeral date is one year to the day he collapsed with his perforated bowel.  
Friday was manic with lots of organising to be done as my mum isn't up to it and Monday will no doubt bring more of the same.
Will be glad when its all done.

Sorry about your loss

My dad passed away the other night, though he did fantastically well seeing as he was told he would be lucky to make it to last xmas.  In the end he went fairly peacefully and somewhat ironically the funeral date is one year to the day he collapsed with his perforated bowel.  
Friday was manic with lots of organising to be done as my mum isn't up to it and Monday will no doubt bring more of the same.
Will be glad when its all done.

Sorry for your loss Tynie, chin up.