Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

9 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I think the same guy who wrote that blog wrote one about the way that black players are talked about in the media as being athletic, strong and fast rather than skillful - he used Paul Pogba and Romelu Lukaku as examples.  There's been a lot of discussion in the media about the way that Maria Sharapova described Serena Williams in her book, focusing on her physique and physicality more than her talent.

As I said above, Linford Christie didn't like the way the media wrote about his 'lunchbox' - there are quotes from him here - https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=qvCFAgAAQBAJ&pg=PA136&lpg=PA136&dq=linford+christie+lunchbox+black&source=bl&ots=56XfdsG51L&sig=-BzUBPaIaOzIXC93PJZ6OuGsQd4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj1n_6HwbPWAhWEHsAKHaObDqM4ChDoAQgnMAA#v=onepage&q=linford christie lunchbox black&f=false

Worth noting as well that Christie has done adverts for underwear that refer to his 'lunchbox' as well.

I don't think many Scottish people would beam with pride if someone said an English person said we were all thrifty and hard-drinking, even though they aren't necessarily bad things.  And obviously there is far less history around stereotypes of Scottish people than there are around black people and Scottish people don't experience racism in any way comparable with black people.

We've had that nonsense all our lives, if the TV are looking for an alky they usually don't stray far from the Scots, on a subconscious level they've been telling us we're shite for an awful long time.

Edited by ayrmad

44 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Some might say that women who are only interested in giant cocks are shallow

But surely, if anything, the opposite is true

Disagree with that song "I want a lover with a slow hand"  

But surely, if anything, the opposite is true.....

38 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

Shiter of news.

Have to go for a heart scan tomorrow. Chest pains & fatigue all week.

Might be no gifs/memes.

If they thought it was dangerous you'd be there now and kept overnight at least. Precautionary by the sounds of it. Good luck.

11 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I gave out my first red dot today to a person that goes by the moniker "The Kincardine".
I did it because that person red dotted me rather than use their words to describe their emotions.

It felt good to red dot them. Like I had power over my own decisions.

Don't fool yourself. You are now The Kincardine's bitch. If he can manipulate you once he'll do it again.

P&B is getting a bit bad luck Brian isn't it?

Bambino gets thrown on his uppers, Slenderman has overdone it on the mephedrone/plant food.

However, the community of P&Bers has shown its true colours by helping out bambino and I'm sure if Slenderman will get the same support. What a heartwarming place this is, except for the junior forum, the members of which should all be immediately killed.

28 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Train journeys are quite decent. Sat with cans listening to music (on headphones) that I've not listened to in a long time.

Table seat and beers with two mates is ideal.   Using the spare seat for the carryoot.