Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

It amazes me just how many people can't get to grips with reply vs reply to all.

You'd think it was a brand new function or something.

I frequently use 'reply' rather than 'reply to all' because, too often, the email originator is including people purely to demonstrate he/she is doing something.

'c***s in the Office' or 'email etiquette' threads for this, though. 

I frequently use 'reply' rather than 'reply to all' because, too often, the email originator is including people purely to demonstrate he/she is doing something.
'c***s in the Office' or 'email etiquette' threads for this, though. 

I fucking hate c***s who 'reply' rather than 'reply all'.

Personally, the reason I include the other four or five people is so they know what's happening. Then they can make comments and the others can see what they've written/asked, without me having to have five separate conversations on the go and answer very similar questions.

I was in the train station car park today and noticed that all the people who had parked on the pavements instead of in the car park spaces had penalty notices. Good to see. I fucking despise inconsiderate c***s. If the car park is full, f**k off somewhere else and park your car.

50 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I was in the train station car park today and noticed that all the people who had parked on the pavements instead of in the car park spaces had penalty notices. Good to see. I fucking despise inconsiderate c***s. If the car park is full, f**k off somewhere else and park your car.

Hope you sent a "reply all" to everyone concerned.

The new iPhone has been launched and there are gasps that it could cost $1,000.  Given that this is about £700 which is what you pay for the top end iPhone 7 in the U.K. this suggests we're paying more than the Yanks.

If so I'm sure it doesn't just apply to Apple.  Are tech companies getting away with higher prices in the U.K. and if so how?

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The new iPhone has been launched and there are gasps that it could cost $1,000.  Given that this is about £700 which is what you pay for the top end iPhone 7 in the U.K. this suggests we're paying more than the Yanks.

If so I'm sure it doesn't just apply to Apple.  Are tech companies getting away with higher prices in the U.K. and if so how?

Its over £750 if that helps you sleep any better.

I don't get the obsession with getting the newest phone. I'm on an iPhone 5 and tbh the difference between my phone and the 7 really doesn't seem worth the £20 extra I would have had to pay a month plus I think there was an extra fee of around £100 just for the handset before the monthly payments.

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

We've been paying more than the Yanks for decades, they set their prices and that's the way it is.