Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Fair warning this is a pretty boring post. It looks like (and I may have got this wrong) that under SFA rules the challenge that Mane got sent off for against Man City on Saturday wouldn't be a red card, yet under FA rules it is. The FA has a ruling about any play that can be considered dangerous is an automatic red card, this doesn't seem to be the case in the SFA rules (which pretty much match UEFA rules). So pretty much the referee made the right decision, but it wouldn't be the correct decision in most of Europe (including Scotland). Considering the media often imply European referees don't let players away with as much as English refs do it's somewhat interesting that the rules there are actually stricter.

Fair warning this is a pretty boring post. It looks like (and I may have got this wrong) that under SFA rules the challenge that Mane got sent off for against Man City on Saturday wouldn't be a red card, yet under FA rules it is. The FA has a ruling about any play that can be considered dangerous is an automatic red card, this doesn't seem to be the case in the SFA rules (which pretty much match UEFA rules). So pretty much the referee made the right decision, but it wouldn't be the correct decision in most of Europe (including Scotland). Considering the media often imply European referees don't let players away with as much as English refs do it's somewhat interesting that the rules there are actually stricter.

f7ad60e06d1b6f9d76d1f1f7092ee1e9.jpg

It was a red card in any league in the world

24 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Awful lot of "prettys" in that post

Tears of respect at jmo's claim (genuine or otherwise) that he went and consulted the rule books after getting repeatedly telt on the premier league thread at the weekend.

Well I went online, didn't actually go find the books. It was something mentioned in a podcast I was listening to so thought I would see what the rule was in Scotland and it does appear to be different.

Awful lot of "prettys" in that post

I'm not certain I've got it right. The specific rules on this are a little vague. As far as I can tell though what caused the difference between that being a booking and that being a sending off was how dangerous it ended up being, however in most other federations that isn't taken into account unless it is knowingly dangerous, rather than accidentally so. So the whole 'he went for the ball' or 'had the eye on the ball' excuse isn't relevant, and the referee got it right (and I got it wrong) but it would probably not be a red in Scotland as the danger was as a result of the challenge but it was clearly accidental rather than something he knew was a reasonable expectation of going for that ball.

P&B should have a feature that shows you what a poster is most known for. A bit like Homer's personal analysis thing when he's looking for a husband for Patty/Selma; you hover the mouse over a profile, and up comes a list of their 'famous' posts, preferences and ideas. Almost like a permanent record, when someone outs themselves as a bigot, a racist, or did something fucking hilarious, it is forever marked on their profile.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Some examples then please...

I've just been on that thread about addiction that banana started and people are making reference to him being a bit of a fud on other threads, that I can't remember, so such a feature would be great for remembering what posters are better known for. 

I've just been on that thread about addiction that banana started and people are making reference to him being a bit of a fud on other threads, that I can't remember, so such a feature would be great for remembering what posters are better known for. 

So hover over Banana and 'Hates Women' comes up?

I think what has been proven by Jmo here, is that an argument can be made for either way, based on the fact despite everyones indignation on the day, the rule book is pretty muddy, and in fact is different in our own country compared to Englands. Unless you are telling me you had prior knowledge of these rule discrepancies, then you and everyone else who were so dismissive of anyone who questioned the red were actually pretty wide of the mark.
I can also say to you again with absolute certainty, that the picture you posted has ZERO bearing on what punishment was merited.
Do you disagree with any of the above?

I agree on the picture but not the rest. It was given a red card, it's a red card at any level of world football. Dangerous play

I get where he is coming from, and a rulebook is open to interpretation, however that was a boot at 6ft high going Olympic speed. Meaning is out the window and its reckless, dangerous and a merited red card every day of the week.

It was more dangerous than Houstys team talks!