Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Her grieving husband doesn't know whether to sue the hospital or the magic circle.

[mention=44711]The_Kincardine[/mention] on fire.

Cool Story Bro territory here, but I saw a rather massive fire in Kincardine (on Forth) earlier this evening. Giant plume of smoke going right over both bridges, at least three fire engines and ambulances each struggling to get over the bridge (where we were) in rush hour traffic. Looked to be some poor ****er's hoose that had just gone up in proper flames. I had a nice pub dinner in Culross though (excellent lamb casserole).

Cool Story Bro territory here, but I saw a rather massive fire in Kincardine (on Forth) earlier this evening. Giant plume of smoke going right over both bridges, at least three fire engines and ambulances each struggling to get over the bridge (where we were) in rush hour traffic. Looked to be some poor ****er's hoose that had just gone up in proper flames. I had a nice pub dinner in Culross though (excellent lamb casserole).

It was Forth Bay Nursing Home that was on fire. Fairly big building. Totally destroyed apparently.

Watching Spectre and I'm still surprised by how disliked it is. I think it's a pretty good film and terribly underrated amongst the Bond films. I agree the whole backstory bit between Bond and Blofeld is stupid and uneccesary, and Blofeld being the overseer of Bond's previous misfortunes feels tacked on and again completely unnecessary, but take that away and it's a great film with some genuinely thrilling scenes a fantastic villain who is played well and a story line that manages to stay gripping without overcomplicating. Decent film.

For all the P&B geography nerds out there, I've just lost a bit of time to this website that lets you drop the outline of whatever country over another to compare relative sizes, taking projection system stretching into account.  A holiday route that I just booked just doubled in length having found this immediately afterwards. F***.  

http://thetruesize.com

Greenland takes a fair shrinking:

true2.JPG.4c057302384e949cd7900f74a8eb9369.JPG

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

For all the P&B geography nerds out there, I've just lost a bit of time to this website that lets you drop the outline of whatever country over another to compare relative sizes, taking projection system stretching into account.  A holiday route that I just booked just doubled in length having found this immediately afterwards. F***.  

Still covers most of Britain, France and Spain though. I was surprised that it shrunk when taken south though, thought maps made it the other way around, like the UK weather forecasts. P.S. Canada is nearly exactly the same size as Europe.

Edited by welshbairn

Girl on BBC news there after getting her results ( obviously did well otherwise she wouldn't be on telly) - "I didn't expect to do as well as what I did".

She passed English ffs

My wife today told that a 100+ years ago it was traditional in Japan for husbands to have mistresses and that at least twice a year it was customary for his wife to take the mistress a gift to "thank" her for taking good care of her husband.

I said I was all for tradition...... 

10 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

You getting a bus around Greenland?