Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I think what we can surmise from this is that we have higher standards in Scotland's largest and greatest city.

To be fair I do belong in scum class.

3 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Woman regrets using Pie & Bovril for legal advice:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-39478203

Silly bint. There's a difference between ignoring a one off parking fine that's too expensive and legally risky for them to pursue, and building up £24,500 in charges after countless warnings by continually parking in the same place.

Tigerlily and Whynot?, done a few other pubs in the area.

The last time I was in Glasgow for a night out everywhere rejected us. Ended up in a goth nightclub. Which was frightening.

You've really not done Edinburgh properly then. Fucking Tigerlily, you not about 15 years too young for that place? Should have headed down grassmarket and done a pub crawl before ending up in some fine, very sticky establishment.

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Silly bint. There's a difference between ignoring a one off parking fine that's too expensive and legally risky for them to pursue, and building up £24,500 in charges after countless warnings by continually parking in the same place.

This, she's admitted she was the driver so they know for sure who the contract was with, she's broken a parking contract 245 times (based on the assumption it is £100 a notice), they have even appeared to have been in discussions about this with the offer of a parking permit being declined.

She's made it too easy for them to go to court and get the win.

Now her stupidity will mean they can probably cite this case on their notices and con more people into paying up when it can be safely ignored if it's a one off charge and the only information they have is when the charge occurred and who the registered keeper of the vehicle is.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Not sure why I started but it seemed like a shame to have stopped it after 160 days

You should stop it.  You should stop it and say to yourself "throbber this is symbolic.  This is the point where I stop wasting my life and do something positive; something worthwhile; something meaningful."

Or you can just leave it running.