Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Right, a weird thing happened in a Politics lecture yesterday. @ICTChris

The lecturer was talking about how in the last 20 years sexuality has become more open and the traditional view of it has been challenged recently - nothing really controversial. I believe she said something like people can be straight at one point of their life and be gay/trans/queer at another, she was using it as a metaphor for people's political views.A student who is well known for being a bit socially off proceeds to then walk out of the lecture, in the loudest possible manner, seething. Before slamming the door to the lecture hall as he left, minter.

That left the 400 or so students in the Lecture theatre bemused. The lecturer then says "What the hell was that about?" as she tries desperately not to laugh. The rest of the class started chuckling (myself included)

She then states "Was that a form of politics we just saw?" - a question she pondered at the start of the lecture -  and "I saw the look on his face a minute before he left and he looked seething". Then says "is it my problem that the University of Aberdeen employ such controversial lecturers?" Top banter by her. Five Minutes later when she finished the lecture, she was desperately trying not to laugh.

I should probably mention that said student, I think he might suffer from a mild form of something and also politically thinks Trump is a great guy. He has previously interrupted lectures but usually to just ask a question. The student has in past got pissed off at "liberals" who he gets angry at because they "think that everyone should to get along"

One word to explain it - Uberminter

Have any of my fellow P&Bers stormed out of a lecture in a seething mess?

No but on a 6th century course, some mad old American tried to reason that Noah's Ark could have happened according to the Bible, two of every animal the whole shabang. Some Morons bought into it too. Decent class that, managed to date some Swedish lass for a couple of months because of it.

1 hour ago, Marr1 said:

Right, a weird thing happened in a Politics lecture yesterday. @ICTChris

The lecturer was talking about how in the last 20 years sexuality has become more open and the traditional view of it has been challenged recently - nothing really controversial. I believe she said something like people can be straight at one point of their life and be gay/trans/queer at another, she was using it as a metaphor for people's political views.A student who is well known for being a bit socially off proceeds to then walk out of the lecture, in the loudest possible manner, seething. Before slamming the door to the lecture hall as he left, minter.

That left the 400 or so students in the Lecture theatre bemused. The lecturer then says "What the hell was that about?" as she tries desperately not to laugh. The rest of the class started chuckling (myself included)

She then states "Was that a form of politics we just saw?" - a question she pondered at the start of the lecture -  and "I saw the look on his face a minute before he left and he looked seething". Then says "is it my problem that the University of Aberdeen employ such controversial lecturers?" Top banter by her. Five Minutes later when she finished the lecture, she was desperately trying not to laugh.

I should probably mention that said student, I think he might suffer from a mild form of something and also politically thinks Trump is a great guy. He has previously interrupted lectures but usually to just ask a question. The student has in past got pissed off at "liberals" who he gets angry at because they "think that everyone should to get along"

One word to explain it - Uberminter

I stormed out of a wedding because the priest made a joke about the groom (a Rangers fan) and the bride coming together to form a new union.  A "newco" as he called it.

It was my wedding, right enough.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

There was an earthquake about 90 miles from where I stay last night. Only a wee one, 4.7 on the Richter Scale. As it happened I was planking myself on the couch with a cup of tea in hand, putting the football on. I thought I had broken the couch.

Edited by Ross.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

^^^fatty tights

True story. When I sat down and the place shook a little, my missus asked if I felt it. I thought she was politely telling me that I've put on a bit of weight. I've actually lost half a stone odds since the start of the year!

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Sounds like grounds for an immediate divorce

I'd need to marry her first. I'm waiting on Brexit happening to decide if that's worthwhile.

8 hours ago, Marr1 said:

We have to do a yearly bunch of training about how we talk to people who are more likely to suffer from mental abuse. So if some wummin comes in with her husband or some weans come in with their maw about something we notice the signs of abuse at home. Quite often the abusive partner/parent will act perfect infront of the mental health professionals but let the mask slip a bit around the non-professional staff like myself and, if we see it, we let the doctors know. Interesting stuff all in.

Anyway the facts and figures all come out, specifically for our boroughs, and the facts are all laid out there: women were four times more likely to suffer mental abuse, eight times more likely to get physical abuse, girls three times more likely to be sexually abused than boys by a parent... all sorts of stuff.

Right from the off the person was telling us that anyone can abuse anyone and it's not unheard of for women to abuse husbands or kids to abuse parents but we should be particularly aware of the more common instances as, well, they're more likley.

One guy at the back took offense to this. Said it was "just as likely" that a woman would rape a man and wouldn't let it go. Refused to let the talk and the training continue because of the "sexist propaganda".

There were about 30 people in the room and the only males were me, him and two delivery drivers who never see patients and weren't paying attention. He blindly looked for us for support and, when none was forthcoming, stormed off.

He came back the next day for the 2nd part of training that was focusing on health and safety shite and there was a video of someone tripping over a box. One of the delivery drivers put his hand up and, in faux outrage, pointed out it was just likely that the box could trip over a person. We all laughed. Guy left in the huff again.

Started a course of tablets yesterday, one of them is the same height and almost matches the circumference of two £1 stacked up. 
It was funny yesterday, the novelty has worn off already. 

You sure they're not suppositories, M9?

No but on a 6th century course, some mad old American tried to reason that Noah's Ark could have happened according to the Bible, two of every animal the whole shabang. Some Morons bought into it too. Decent class that, managed to date some Swedish lass for a couple of months because of it.

This was just an excuse to brag wasn't it? [emoji1]

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Deep Sea world today. What a fucking rip off that place is. 30 notes for two of us (wean was free).

That's what they want you to think.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11360819/Average-cost-of-raising-a-child-in-UK-230000.html

Went into the Branch of my bank to pay my credit card, gave the daft c**t a piece of paper with the sort code, Account no, amount and reference so the fucker could pay it and she never added the fucking reference.

Now have the inconvenience of waiting on that shit coming back

8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Went into the Branch of my bank to pay my credit card, gave the daft c**t a piece of paper with the sort code, Account no, amount and reference so the fucker could pay it and she never added the fucking reference.

Now have the inconvenience of waiting on that shit coming back

Was it Dindeleux?

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Deep Sea world today. What a fucking rip off that place is. 30 notes for two of us (wean was free).

An occasional flame of mine in my youth worked there as a holiday job. She told me she once shagged one of the shark diver blokes in the showers. Next time go in diving gear and you might get lucky.