Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I've got a spare room with a desk and a bookshelf in it. Thanks to this thread I'm going to start calling it the study library.

I now have a laundry room, a study library, and a bathroom that I use exclusively for shaving.

You're half way to being a decent bloke.   When I bought/renovated Kinky Heights (a smallish 3 bed flat) I made the then shower room "blokes only" and installed an American style pissoire and decorated it with white and black tiling.

The lassies have their own bathroom.

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Norah Jones is Ravi Shankar's daughter.  Am I the last person on the planet to find this out?

Also, Rashida Jones is Quincy Jones' daughter. As far as I'm aware though, Quincy Jones is not related to Ravi Shankar. Or Tom Jones.

11 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Each to their own and all that but when I decided to chuck the fags last month I just stopped smoking. Switching yer nicotine addiction for something else seems a bit pointless does it not?

Great for you if you can just turn it off like a tap and stop.  I tried before and was climbing the walls by bedtime on day 1 not for me.  Gradually reducing the intake and saving cash will do for me. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Great for you if you can just turn it off like a tap and stop.  I tried before and was climbing the walls by bedtime on day 1 not for me.  Gradually reducing the intake and saving cash will do for me. 

Not like a tap at all. I felt ill, couldn't sleep, my, em, "digestive" system went haywire, it really was torture and I hated every second of it.

But it only lasted four days. After that there's no physical addiction.

28 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Fair fucks.  No sure i could face work with that.  I'll maybe look into having the worst weeks holiday OAT :lol:

I done it when I had three days off. Also emptied my bank account so I couldn't buy fags. Told my mates to ignore any requests for a loan of money if I asked. Told all my pals who smoke to steer clear. Genuinely amazed I never ended up collecting doubts at the bus stop...

Worth it. Although still can't sleep.

A story to warm the cockles of your hearts this fine Sunday morning.

http://www.the-gazette.co.uk/news/15077763.Bouncer_leaves_man_scarred_in_Paisley_night_club_rammy/#

Bouncer defends himself against racist drunk resulting in him delivering a series of clear improvements to the rat faced scheme goblin.

What is more interesting is what the article was originally saved on the website under & which they weren't allowed in all probability to mention in the finished article.

http://www.the-gazette.co.uk/news/15077763.Bouncer_leaves_drug_dealer_scarred_in_night_club_rammy/?ref=mr&lp=4

I see what you did there, Gazette!

21 minutes ago, sjc said:

I fucking hate Nigel Slater and beating him to death with his own rolling pin is hugely appealing. 

It would be far more apt it it was by a rabid dog.

Pause and wait for Zen Archer or Sergeant Wilson to make some comment about whether a rabid dog can beat someone to death with a rolling pin.

Edited by WaffenThinMint

On 10/02/2017 at 15:59, Sergeant Wilson said:

I crossed an unexpected threshold this week. I paid £6.00 then £6.50 for a pint. I also went into a weird beard pub where I quickly ordered this without looking at the price list. Barman had started pouring when he tells me, given the strength, it's a bit more expensive. I say, no bother, I'll just have the one.

That'll be £8.00 sir.

I did my best to remain composed, but I think he noticed  my wee wobble and paid for it with my dinner on my card.

Any other PnB'ers daft enough to pay 8 quid a pint?

It was good, but not that fucking good.

2017-02-10-15-45-17-752330548.jpeg

£9.50 for a bottle of this stuff in Droughy's in Dundee a couple of years ago.

mikkelleritsalive__08542.1381553324.1280

It was actually pretty rank. The barmaid opened it before checking the price and was really sheepish about it. I paid without complaining as I didn't want to look like a cheap charlie. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I came home lastnight and she had to get up to let me in as I was unable to open the door and was attempting to do so using something other than my keys.

Dont know what though.

Boaby?

4 hours ago, WaffenThinMint said:

A story to warm the cockles of your hearts this fine Sunday morning.

http://www.the-gazette.co.uk/news/15077763.Bouncer_leaves_man_scarred_in_Paisley_night_club_rammy/#

Bouncer defends himself against racist drunk resulting in him delivering a series of clear improvements to the rat faced scheme goblin.

What is more interesting is what the article was originally saved on the website under & which they weren't allowed in all probability to mention in the finished article.

http://www.the-gazette.co.uk/news/15077763.Bouncer_leaves_drug_dealer_scarred_in_night_club_rammy/?ref=mr&lp=4

I see what you did there, Gazette!

Racism and drugs in Paisley? I, for one, am shocked.

Glad the bouncer got away with it.

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Haha. Dont think so. I would have been in the freezer today if I had been behaving like a Tedi outside the home.

You could probably have knocked the door down with your boab after seeing BSLM in the flesh during a 3-0 swording, you lucky fucker. 

Was at my pals for drinks last night, unfortunately one of the lads he invited up is a rangers fan. For about 5 hours I was repeatedly asked "who's yer real team?" "Aye but with a gun to your head who'd you choose?" "No seriously who do you support?".

Followed on with a "Sturgeon is a fucking traitor" rant that would've made the daily mail editors tear with joy.

Thank fuck for beer.