Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I tend to drink in the afternoons these days, partly from family responsibilities and partly because there are less arseholes about. If you lose the habit of late night drinking it's like stepping into the lower rings of Dante's Inferno, especially if you're middle aged (considerably less than 60) and youngsters laugh at your dancing. Decent drugs would sort it out but dealers don't generally advertise themselves to afternoon drinkers or men of a certain age. Since arriving in Inverness I haven't really adopted an evening local where all things are available through hints and connections. Keep meaning to become a regular at the Market Bar, but I'm a bit lazy.

The Market Bar used to be full of goths. If they haven't cleaned that place out you won't enjoy it unless you're dressed like Robert Smith. 

Just now, Bobby Skidmarks said:

The Market Bar used to be full of goths. If they haven't cleaned that place out you won't enjoy it unless you're dressed like Robert Smith. 

These days it's a mixture of winos, bag ladies, a few studentey types and middle aged gentlemen and ladies. That's downstairs, I'm a bit wary of going upstairs in case I get on the ugly people in night clubs thread.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

These days it's a mixture of winos, bag ladies, a few studentey types and middle aged gentlemen and ladies. That's downstairs, I'm a bit wary of going upstairs in case I get on the ugly people in night clubs thread.

Ah, the creme de la creme. I thought the upstairs was just a wee area where local bands played. I haven't been in there in about 12 years though. 

My girlfriend went to the cinema earlier and has just come back with ice cream. 8th of December. She got me Irn Bru flavoured ice cream though and it is just glorious.

Sometimes, it pays to have a fucking mentalist for a girlfriend. 

53 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

My ex sent me to the shops to get bacon rolls and I came back with a banjo and a king rib supper and the cheeky fucker had the cheek to be annoyed,

Pm monkey tennis and he might give you some banjo playing lessons, he's a champion plucker apparently.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

My ex sent me to the shops to get bacon rolls and I came back with a banjo and a king rib supper and the cheeky fucker had the cheek to be annoyed,

Was the banjo for smacking her on the arse with?

It's apparently four years today since me and KnightswoodBear became Facebook friends. I'm assuming the wee man is taking me out for dinner tonight to celebrate.

He'll be working late making his desk all chrismassy.

3 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

I am back in glorious #perthshire after a year away. My sleeping pattern is fucked. Keep waking up at 4am and unable to sleep again.

Was it a first offence?