Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

27 minutes ago, supermik said:

There was an honesty bar at one of the Braids golf courses in Edinburgh. Think it closed after the pool table left the premises in less than honest circumstances.

That reminds me of a story I heard years ago about Andy Cameron who was doing a gig at some Irish club in Kelty or Lochgelly. On arriving at the club he was told that it had been broken into during the night and the cigarette machine had been stolen. 

When he went on the stage he couldn't help but notice a large crucifix on the wall at the opposite end of the hall. "Oh, I see you managed to catch the bloke who stole the fag machine" says Andy.

Strangely his joke didn't go down very well with the audience.  

1 minute ago, supermik said:

Just watching an old film on the Talking Pictures channel. The policeman on it want to question a man that has been seen acting in an "effeminate" manner:lol:

would folks get away with that attitude nowadays?

There's still folks with that kind of attitude, but they are a dying breed. 

Everton just donated £200,000 towards a 5 year old who's battling cancer and needs serve treatment.

Amazing effort.

Not the first time they've donated money when I was down at their game with Carlisle they donated all gate receipts to the flood fund.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Everton just donated £200,000 towards a 5 year old who's battling cancer and needs serve treatment.

Amazing effort.

Not the first time they've donated money when I was down at their game with Carlisle they donated all gate receipts to the flood fund.

Should have been used to pay Lukaku's flight home in his opinion.......

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Amazing effort.

Good on them, love stories like that. 

12 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

This may be worth a thread in itself, but this is an excellent read: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-37340312

Never change, Angus.

Is that picture really Forfar Sheriff Court?

Thought it was the wedding venue until I read further down the article!

7 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

How hard would it be to gather a large pile of old shoes, a pile of used false teeth and a pile of broken glasses?
If you were determined i reckon it wouldnt take long.

Ask the sarge, his uncle probably told him.

Not sure if there's a P&B Manly Activities thread? 

Been having a manly day today. Did some running sprints, fitted an integrated fridge freezer and ripped out the old one using mainly a claw hammer, did some chin ups, went to the rubbish dump, had some rumpy pumpy on a rug (with a real woman), went to Howdens. Any P&B'ers able to out-man me? 

49 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Not sure if there's a P&B Manly Activities thread? 

Been having a manly day today. Did some running sprints, fitted an integrated fridge freezer and ripped out the old one using mainly a claw hammer, did some chin ups, went to the rubbish dump, had some rumpy pumpy on a rug (with a real woman), went to Howdens. Any P&B'ers able to out-man me? 

I went for a tattoo today & I never cried.

Grimbo

Spoiler

the tattooist was off sick, so never got it done