HibeeJibee Retires from P&B...

HibeeJibee

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked HJ's posts.

He was generally very informative and seemed to know pretty much every rule in Scottish football. He was always good for some decent discussion too. Ok, he could be a bit boring at times, but shit happens. I'll miss contributions.

I also have a sneaking suspicion he'll be back eventually, though.

Poor man's Scott Struthers. :lol:

Thing is with all the heavy posters in the five figures is where do they find the time to spend hours writing what are Uny dissertations on PnB?

We all enjoy coming on here to see what threads interest us all,sometimes post on such threads,but some folk seem to post on every thread and like to put their view forward as worth more than others due to their heavy posting habits.

Many people say they leave various websites.A lot find their way back eventually as the tedium for them wears off.Will that be the case with HJ?

Poor man's Scott Struthers. :lol:

Thing is with all the heavy posters in the five figures is where do they find the time to spend hours writing what are Uny dissertations on PnB?

We all enjoy coming on here to see what threads interest us all,sometimes post on such threads,but some folk seem to post on every thread and like to put their view forward as worth more than others due to their heavy posting habits.

Many people say they leave various websites.A lot find their way back eventually as the tedium for them wears off.Will that be the case with HJ?

The only two other resignation posts I've seen on P&B were from Ric, who took massive offence to me saying that St Mirren didn't deal with their racist supporters effectively, and from Real Zippy who thought I should be banned for mentioning sausage rolls. Both melt downs appear to have been temporary as they were soon back.

Dunno what's up with HJ but unlike Ric and Zippy I thought he was a decent and interesting poster.

I think HJ will genuinely be missed around here. His post were always informative and well thought out. I found myself seldom disagreeing with him on football matters, on which he had great insight. Unfortunatly when he posed on anything outwith football he came across as a grade 'A' fud, this post proves that. Many posters on here, possibly including myself, are accused of having 'too much spare time'. I think HJ really did.

It was also I, HibeeJibee, who in mid-2007 proposed the division of the Highland League sub-forum into independent sub-forums for Highland, East of Scotland, South of Scotland and Junior football. These sub-forums now number some 6,000 topics and almost 100,000 posts, and have become the primary locations on the world-wide-web for these leagues' fan-focused discussion and debate.

In the case of the Highland League, thats just mince. The HFL currently has two forums more popular than the one on here.

<snipped self-indulgent snash>

This was at a time when, being as it is around 4 years ago now, I had just left school and come to university:

<snipped a great deal more self-indulgent snash>

:blink: I had always assumed he was about 60! And being a student must have changed - I can't remember having the urge to have a massive chug over a belgian fixture list or a uefa cup draw procedure when I was at uni.......

That was the most calm and sensible resignation post I've ever read on here. That's no fun at all. Nothing to laugh at there. Online emotional breakdowns are much more fun. Even funnier when they sneak back shortly after under another username and start posting again. Anyway, fairwell and adieu.

Archived