Oh My God - A New Low In Bbc Sitcoms....

Law Stud

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean this is the man who gets excited about digging up bits of broken potties in people's back gardens!!!

Very eloquent. However, I'm assuming you couldn't spell "Archaeology"?! :rolleyes:

Edit: I have to add that two of those posts on the BBC site are identical but are by two different posters. I somehow doubt a substantitve reply will be forthcoming from "Auntie".

I like The Office, but due to Stephen Merchant's input rather than Gervais, who I agree is over-rated and just not that funny. He's basically made his millions from ripping off Spinal Tap.

So what, you only read the scenes he writes and switch off when a Gervais written scene comes on?

Very eloquent. However, I'm assuming you couldn't spell "Archaeology"?! :rolleyes:

Edit: I have to add that two of those posts on the BBC site are identical but are by two different posters. I somehow doubt a substantitve reply will be forthcoming from "Auntie".

Ok, but you do realise that the post that Larsson put on the BBC website is just a copy and paste from the opening post on this thread, don't you?

In terms of shite sitcoms, nothing beats "gavin and stacey" i just dont get it, and more than anything, i hate that corden p***k with a passion. I would like to roll the "roly-poly funnyman" into a pit full of crocodiles.

I concur wholeheartedly, although am somewhat disheartened by the lack of slagging of Rob Brydon in your post.

I like The Office, but due to Stephen Merchant's input rather than Gervais, who I agree is over-rated and just not that funny. He's basically made his millions from ripping off Spinal Tap.

How do you know which part was written by Gervais and which part was written by Stephen Merchant? :huh:

I've got to say I don't really understand that line of argument. I don't like Rangers, for example, but if Kirk Broadfoot picks the ball up on the halfway line, beats six players and thumps a fantastic dipping and curling shot into the top corner of the net I'll be perfectly able to appreciate a good goal. Same in comedy. If Frankie Boyle ever does crack a funny joke I'd be one of the first to applaud it - even though Boyle is a complete tit of a man and a dullard to boot.

If you find the Office funny then the programme is funny. Why try and separate the show from one of the writers and cast members just because populist opinion appears to be that Gervais is a c**t since he became successful.

I've got to say it's a great work of comedy being constructed by that twat Zippy on here in that he's attempting to create a case for Bread being put in the annuls of history as a BBC Comedy Classic. The fact that he even came back on that one has been laughing out loud. :rolleyes:

How do you know which part was written by Gervais and which part was written by Stephen Merchant? :huh:

I've got to say I don't really understand that line of argument. I don't like Rangers, for example, but if Kirk Broadfoot picks the ball up on the halfway line, beats six players and thumps a fantastic dipping and curling shot into the top corner of the net I'll be perfectly able to appreciate a good goal. Same in comedy. If Frankie Boyle ever does crack a funny joke I'd be one of the first to applaud it - even though Boyle is a complete tit of a man and a dullard to boot.

If you find the Office funny then the programme is funny. Why try and separate the show from one of the writers and cast members just because populist opinion appears to be that Gervais is a c**t since he became successful.

I've got to say it's a great work of comedy being constructed by that twat Zippy on here in that he's attempting to create a case for Bread being put in the annuls of history as a BBC Comedy Classic. The fact that he even came back on that one has been laughing out loud. :rolleyes:

Oh dear - is that venom simply because Frankie boy is a darned sight richer, not to mention funnier, than you :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived