Snow!

xbl

As usual the predicted deluge of snow that got the local papers all excited has failed to transpire. It looked like there was a very light dusting overnight that had subsequently frozen over by this morning but nothing more.

I think we only ever get unexpected snow in this part of the world. 

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Light dusting in Edinburgh, got heavy when I drove to Livingston for work.

One of my colleagues who lives about a mile from me is working from home, what a skiving c**t.

Light dusting in Glasgow as well, but I trudge through the slush and get to work to find that 2 other people are in. 2. 

Unbelievable how people look outside, see the faintest of white on the ground and go back to bed.

Pretty bad in Edinburgh, making my Tuesday even worse. f**k living here the roads are torture.

Buzzing for the drive home at half 5.

What bit are you in Lichtie? I’ve just arrived in Edinburgh (Riccarton) and roads aren’t bad at all. Was expecting worse.

70 mins to do 7 miles. Had to abandon car and walk the last mile.

Where’s it that bad Fuzzy?

Light dusting in Glasgow as well, but I trudge through the slush and get to work to find that 2 other people are in. 2. 
Unbelievable how people look outside, see the faintest of white on the ground and go back to bed.

2 out of how many people? Are you working inside?

About 20, although another couple have come in late. So about 75% have stayed at home. Yes work in an office.

That’s crazy then, if you worked outside/on a building site where it’s directly impacting your ability to work then it’s understandable that some people don’t bother but it’s not the case in an office environment. Unless they all have a difficult commute.

Where’s it that bad Fuzzy?

Merchiston.

And when I said pretty bad I meant the actual falling of it, really heavy when I was driving and walking in this morning, soaked through frozen, the roads aren’t too bad. Enough to make people drive like dafties though.

Merchiston.

And when I said pretty bad I meant the actual falling of it, really heavy when I was driving and walking in this morning, soaked through frozen, the roads aren’t too bad. Enough to make people drive like dafties though.

There was none at Leith when I left for work at about 7 but by the time I was out Queensferry load there was a little bit. Wouldn’t have tho got it was as bad as that for anyone in Edinburgh though.

30 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

About 20, although another couple have come in late. So about 75% have stayed at home. Yes work in an office.

I work in an office in Glasgow and no-one was off and hardly anyone was late. I thought my office was bad for skiving but it sounds like yours takes it to a whole new level. :lol:

The big boss in my office told everyone yesterday that they're not allowed to work from home. She's not come in today - working from home because of the weather. :lol:

Glasgow city centre has a few slushy bits, but the sun is currently bursting the sky so snowmageddon hasn't really come to pass here.

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

There was none at Leith when I left for work at about 7 but by the time I was out Queensferry load there was a little bit. Wouldn’t have tho got it was as bad as that for anyone in Edinburgh though.

Was it bad in Granton when you left for work? 

It was proper blizzard at about 830am at Haymarket but it's off now and is melting quickly. I can't remember the last time Edinburgh had really bad snow in the city centre.

Aye the back end of my car decided it wanted to go in the opposite direction from the front this morning on the cobbles at Devon Place where it had frozen beneath the snow. Left the office an hour later and it had cleared.

A lassie from my work updated her Facebook with an attention seeking "worried about driving in for my backshift" post.

The seething fallout from her friends that I created by replying "burds + driving + snow = danger" is quite entertaining. To be fair to her, she's got the joke, but the friends, not so much.

3 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

A lassie from my work updated her Facebook with an attention seeking "worried about driving in for my backshift" post.

The seething fallout from her friends that I created by replying "burds + driving + snow = danger" is quite entertaining. To be fair to her, she's got the joke, but the friends, not so much.

were they objecting to your superfluous use of  "+ snow" in your equation? :lol: