Snow!

xbl

21 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Folk stuck on the M80. I've been watching a woman trying to push a minibus up the hill northbound after the M876 junction. She's really struggling but the bloke in the driver's seat is giving her plenty of shouted encouragement. 

https://youtu.be/Wihx8v38AZI

11 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Anyone ken what's happening on the M90? I'm meant to be driving to Kinross for work, but I'm not a particularly confident driver.

There are no reports on the Traffic Scotland site.

ETA, there is snow on the cameras but the road looks easily passable.

Edited by Zen Archer
Double check.

Folk stuck on the M80. I've been watching a woman trying to push a minibus up the hill northbound after the M876 junction. She's really struggling but the bloke in the driver's seat is giving her plenty of shouted encouragement. 

My father-in-law left Dunipace at 7:30 to drive my mother-in-law into her work at Cumbernauld. At 8:45 he text to say had managed to travel a whole 2 miles before the traffic came to a standstill.

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Had a flurry in Ballifeary a while back.

It started about 20 seconds after I posted. :lol:

On and off for the past hour but it's not lying.

3 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

This shit better piss off by next week. Coming up for the Forfar game and already booked flights and accommodation. Will be seething if game is postponed.

They have an artificial pitch so shouldn't be any problems with the game being on.

17 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

We got a bit of snow in Kirkcaldy but nothing drastic. Now in Dundee and it's just pishing down with rain. Tried going up via the A9 earlier and that wasn't happening.

It was pishing down with rain in Dundee when I woke up, and worsened as I walked to town to get the bus. Bits of sleet started to creep in, then it became full on snow which lasted until about half an hour ago. Think it's just lightly raining at the moment now.

Saw a couple of hysterical Facebook notifications. One lassie said that this morning was a 'terrifying experience' and that she got herself 'in a right state trying to get up the hill'. She was referring to driving obviously. Seemingly in Fife it's snowing a lot and lying.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Saw a couple of hysterical Facebook notifications. One lassie said that this morning was a 'terrifying experience' and that she got herself 'in a right state trying to get up the hill'. She was referring to driving obviously. Seemingly in Fife it's snowing a lot and lying.

It was pretty much blizzard conditions when I drove along the A92 this morning. It was snowing in Kirkcaldy, but not too bad. By the time I got to Lochgelly the entire road was white, and it got gradually worse towards Cowdenbeath and even as far as Crossgates. Back to light snow and wet roads by the M90.

I really have no idea what happens in that weird Cowdenbeath-Lochgelly-Lochore triangle, but it isn't normal.