Snow!

xbl

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2017 at 22:26, bud1876 said:

Expecting around 20 - 24 inches of snow here in the next 24 hours....happy fuckin days.

I thought you meant Falkirk at first.  

I'll bet the traffic keeps moving in Canada though, even with 2 feet of snow.  Or maybe no.

I thought you meant Falkirk at first.  
I'll bet the traffic keeps moving in Canada though, even with 2 feet of snow.  Or maybe no.

Halifax was pretty much shut down for one day.... next day things were back to normal.
The local authorites are still removing the snow from the city streets ( roads and pavements are clear...the snow banks at the side of the road need removing ) and dumping it in areas on the outskirts of the city.
They've really been on the ball this year and got things shifted quick.
We live out in the country...but the minor road we live on was cleared within 12 hours.
We got hit with around another 6-8 inches 2 days after this.... that was a piece of piss.20170217_135416.jpg20170216_155336-1.jpg

Top pic is on the street where I have a shop and a lot of snows been removed.
Bottom pic is our backyard the day after the main storm.

I went to Toronto on Boxing Day a few years back and landed in the remnants of a blizzard. The snow was about knee deep, yet everything was running smoothly. Also, loved how everyone chipped in and did their bit. The streets were all clear as everyone shovelled all the snow outside their own house so all the pavements were clear.

5 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I went to Toronto on Boxing Day a few years back and landed in the remnants of a blizzard. The snow was about knee deep, yet everything was running smoothly. Also, loved how everyone chipped in and did their bit. The streets were all clear as everyone shovelled all the snow outside their own house so all the pavements were clear.

Can see that being the case here never.

Brits are c***s.

Pretty much the same here when we lived in the city.
You cleared your area and the pavements around your area.
Doesn't take long when there's a few of you doing it.

We'll have 2 inches in 6 days and the whole country will go tits up.

Wee bit different here.
They're all set up for this stuff.
They have a plow tracker were you can see what streets are being cleared when there's a heavy snowfall.
Counted around 50 street plows clearing the roads last time.

Stuck on the M80 in a blizzard. This is the spot where they dug those frozen corpses out of their cars in 2010 isn't it?

Think that was the M9 near Stirling.

Left the house 20 minutes early for the train today and missed two of them. People really are dreadful at driving in the snow.