Synthetic Football Pitches

Law Stud

2G or 3G  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
professional games should be played on blaze parks, that would soon cut out any diving.

With Mitre Mouldmasters.

Hmm, remind me why Scotland are so shite at football again?

Well of course no one will pick 2G pitches due to them being covered in sand. Any bad friction or contact with the 2G pitch ends up in the laceration of your leg. The 3G pitch will still tear the top layers of skin from you, but as the sand isn't there it doesn't go that deep.

A 3G pitch will also give players a better consistency of surface and will help development of players in future years. Top teams do not train on these pitches as there is a significant higher risk of joint injuries playing on these surfaces. Stuart Dickson will be interested to know that FIFA paid a Swedish University a lot of money to carry out the research!

3g probably.

However, I preferred the old 2g at KHS when I played in goal.This will sound insane, but it hurt far less diving on the 2g than it does on the 3g. Obviously I got the odd cut on the 2g, but they were infrequent. 2 dives onto the 3g = carpet burns.

I do think the 3g makes for better quality of football though.

Usually Mr Dickson contacts people in the real world in order to win arguments on Pie and Bovril, but I see he's decided to use P n Bers to win an offline argument. Wonder if it will work?

With Mitre Mouldmasters.

Hmm, remind me why Scotland are so shite at football again?

ah, the good old days of a gravel grazed knee and a mouldmaster off the inside of your thigh when it was -3 on a saturday morning.

character building!

in all seriousness, who the hell thought that playing football on what is pretty much just gravel? whoever it was, and whoever decided to introduce these pitches to schools should be dragged along one, face first.

2g is better that blaze, but only just. its another pitch that can do serious damage to people unfortunate to play on it.

Websters new one?

It's fucking fantastic. I play on it 2 or 3 times a week in all weathers. Having played Saturday morning amateurs in Dundee last season on the likes of Dawson Park and Drumgeith, 3G is heaven.

Last night was even playable, despite the frost. Hopefully tonight will be as well.

Well that'll teach me

Played last night and walked off with a smashed nose, concussion and left half a pint of blood on the pitch, car park and sports centre's reception

f**k :angry:

I prefer 2G. Slicker surface, I tend to play much better on it as opposed to 3G, which I play on every week. It's too short to wear studs on, and always gives me plenty of aching joints after a game if I wear boots, and too long for sambas to get enoug grip on it when it's wet.

Well of course no one will pick 2G pitches due to them being covered in sand. Any bad friction or contact with the 2G pitch ends up in the laceration of your leg. The 3G pitch will still tear the top layers of skin from you, but as the sand isn't there it doesn't go that deep.

A 3G pitch will also give players a better consistency of surface and will help development of players in future years. Top teams do not train on these pitches as there is a significant higher risk of joint injuries playing on these surfaces. Stuart Dickson will be interested to know that FIFA paid a Swedish University a lot of money to carry out the research!

I fucking hate all astros, Played on the 3g pitch at Stirling in pre season and i was feeling the effects for weeks, it still burns and by f**k it does the joints in something chronic. Played on a 2g one and it is far better to pass on but burns a shit load worse and I find it impossible to play games on(Slide tackling is stupid/suicidal) and falling over...by christ that hurts aswell.

Mazing grass pitch>Ok Grass pitch>Fucking diabolical grass pitch with barely any grass instead it's more just mud and to boot it's on a 90 degree slope>Astro turf pitches.

3G pitches are my favourite. And I include normal grass pitches in that. Goalmouths dont wear away during winter and get muddy/flooded, and when it's not raining they go fucking rock hard, I have a scar on my knee from about 5 years ago when I dived on it.

Mon 3G.

Archived