Synthetic Football Pitches

Law Stud

2G or 3G  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now that it is obvious that 3G is p&ber's favoured surface, will Stuart Dickson now intentionally take the opposite stance and decry 3G pitches a waste of his council tax?

No, not at all. I simply want to see which synthetic playing surface users prefer.

3G for me.

The school round the corner from me recently got one installed and it's the dogs bollocks. It's by far the best surface i've played on and that includes grass. The bounce compares favourably with grass and you can do slide tackles without ripping your legs apart.

I've no idea why the pros make such a big fuss about playing on such a surface.

Apart from finding black rubber crumbs in your hair, behind your ear, under your foreskin etc. after the game and then in your house for about 2 years afterwards, it has to be 3G.

Obviously as technology improves in time astroturf at the top level will become more and more common.

3G for me.

The school round the corner from me recently got one installed and it's the dogs bollocks. It's by far the best surface i've played on and that includes grass. The bounce compares favourably with grass and you can do slide tackles without ripping your legs apart.

Try playing on it a couple of times a week for a few weeks, you'll see why they do, grass is infinitely better.

Guest el bawbag

I hate 2G, it's pish. 3G is ok but not as good as grass(this is mainly due to me having been a keeper!). I can see why councils etc would invest in 3G for facilities though as they can get more use out of them throughout the year.

Guest el bawbag
If I had to choose one it would be 3G, but 2G isn't as bad as some are making out. You just need to know what footwear to use.

try having to dive on it, trust me it IS that bad. fucked knees, fucked trackies, fucked gloves!

3G for me.

Websters new one?

It's fucking fantastic. I play on it 2 or 3 times a week in all weathers. Having played Saturday morning amateurs in Dundee last season on the likes of Dawson Park and Drumgeith, 3G is heaven.

Last night was even playable, despite the frost. Hopefully tonight will be as well.

try having to dive on it, trust me it IS that bad. fucked knees, fucked trackies, fucked gloves!

Exactly.

I had a friendly on the sand-based monstrosity at D.I.S.C. in Dundee a year ago and playing in goal wasn't fun. Especially when you try to look look with a nice new Adidas short-sleeved 'keepers shirt. Goodbye elbow skin.

Best of all though was our right back sending their winger flying with a full length sliding tackle. The poor b*****d bounced at least three times, screaming through the air, while our right back got up with a bloody mess where his knee skin used to be.

I don't play in goal but I've made a few sliding tackles on 2G pitches and I've ruined my trackies and my knees. I'll try not to do that again! I also find it really difficult to weight a pass on those 2G pitches for some reason. 

Archived