Aberdeen Fan Accidentally Set On Fire

speccy1984

Evens. Either it happens or it doesn't!

The next time Im on train and a man dressed as a sheep comes Im fucking off.

Its a lamentable situation.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You weren't there so have no right to comment.

But I'll happily arrange to have you placed in a situation where you initially think a train carriage is on fire and you can't get out because everyone is rushing for the door. I'm afraid I can't extend it to seeing someone burning because I'm not a sick b*****d like yourself and Div, so wouldn't actively seek to set someone alight for "fun".

now whilst i stand up for you regarding i dont think you are on here going 'oh look at me i was caught up in it' but merely letting us know what you know I have to say i think you have somewhat over reacted to Div's post - i read a the line about a sheep going through the carriages on fire and fans trying to douse him with - now whilst it is not at all funny as such - i think, like myself, div meant the IMAGE of it. I think it is a horrendous thing to happen and hope the guy is ok but when i got that image in my head it did make me laugh.

What was the probability of a man dressed as a sheep being set on fire on a train?
Evens. Either it happens or it doesn't!

:lol::lol::lol:

Sir Calum Melville, you need to get a grip. I can't help but be amused by the image of a man dressed in a sheep costume running down a train whilst on fire. Had the guy suffered serious injury then it wouldn't be funny, but people commenting on here know that it turned out alright.

That image is the only thing people have found funny. People haven't been making fun of the people on the train who would have been fearing that the train was on fire. Nobody has made fun of the fact that there were "women and kids about" (not sure why women is relevant there anyway). Nobody has doubted that it was a horrific and traumatic experience.

I didn't say it was funny that the boy got set alight. I did also wish him a speedy recovery in my post.

What I found amusing was the wording in the BBC article which claimed that a man, dressed as a sheep, was running through a train on fire, whilst everyone around him threw beer at him.

Maybe if you were there it wasn't funny, but that description made me laugh.

Maybe I'll go to the big fire. Oops, bad choice of words maybe :D

It would be a pretty fucking quiet forum if we were only allowed to comment on things we saw in the flesh.

Have a word with yourself and stop being such a drama queen. You weren't witness to some mini-Bradford here.

An Aberdeen fan dressed as a sheep running about a train on fire while a bunch of caber tossing teucthers douse him in beer to put out the flames should be on BBC1. In fact, it should be the next scenario at the start of Casualty.

Almost as funny as the Ibrox disaster isn't it.

Im surprised he was not mistaken for a sheep and taken to the edge of a cliff by one of the dandies.

That way he would push back when making love.

Must have been frightening for the guy.

Wasn't there so no point giving an indepth opinion on something I don't know about, however it's nobs like this that stop booze being allowed to return to football stadiums.

I hate it at Celtic Park too when you get these tossers smoking in the toilets at half-time etc as this could easily have happened inside the ground too as it goes on at every ground no doubt. Imagine what could have happened if it was in a confined space such as toilets at footie that are crammed with kids and pissed up blokes.

Hopefully the guy makes a speedy recovery and the appropriate action is taken.

Typical teucters though.....had it been the OF... :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:

Sir Calum Melville, you need to get a grip. I can't help but be amused by the image of a man dressed in a sheep costume running down a train whilst on fire. Had the guy suffered serious injury then it wouldn't be funny, but people commenting on here know that it turned out alright.

That image is the only thing people have found funny. People haven't been making fun of the people on the train who would have been fearing that the train was on fire. Nobody has made fun of the fact that there were "women and kids about" (not sure why women is relevant there anyway). Nobody has doubted that it was a horrific and traumatic experience.

There was a fairly loud ripple of laughter when the train conductor told us what had happened. Now, we all thought it was a pretty shocking thing to happen, but the image is slightly amusing, as you say.

Edit: It became very un-amusing after the first 15 minutes of sitting stationary.

But I'll happily arrange to have you placed in a situation where you initially think a train carriage is on fire and you can't get out because everyone is rushing for the door. I'm afraid I can't extend it to seeing someone burning because I'm not a sick b*****d like yourself and Div, so wouldn't actively seek to set someone alight for "fun".

It's just a pity it didn't traumatise you enough to stop you posting pish on here. Get over youself, lad.

It's just a pity it didn't traumatise you enough to stop you posting pish on here. Get over youself, lad.

Where's the "pish"?

I posted an account of what happened, then objected to people who weren't there somehow thinking it was "funny". But doing that someone means I have PTSD and need to "get over [my]self".

It also seems you're not allowed to believe an experience is even remotely horrific unless it happens to be a plane crash.

Where's the "pish"?

I posted an account of what happened, then objected to people who weren't there somehow thinking it was "funny". But doing that someone means I have PTSD and need to "get over [my]self".

I never said it was funny.

The point I was making that you don't have PTSD because it's a really small deal in the grand scheme of things.

You do need to get over yourself.

It also seems you're not allowed to believe an experience is even remotely horrific unless it happens to be a plane crash.

No, you're not allowed to act like it's 9/11 times a thousand when it's some guy suffering minor burns.

I never said it was funny.

The point I was making that you don't have PTSD because it's a really small deal in the grand scheme of things.

You do need to get over yourself.

I've never claimed to be suffering from PTSD. I gave an account of what happened, then objected to people thinking it was in any way "funny".

No, you're not allowed to act like it's 9/11 times a thousand when it's some guy suffering minor burns.

There you go again, with that exaggeration.

Where's the "pish"?

Did I say the pish was IN here :rolleyes:

Did I say the pish was IN here :rolleyes:

Pray show me the other threads in which I have posted since yesterday, other than this one and the "Dunfermline 1-1 Dundee" one, where I said I didn't care about the result.

Archived