Aberdeen Fan Accidentally Set On Fire

speccy1984

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to the link you posted, it wasn't accidental.

Indeed.

Given that smoking is banned and therefore nobody would have any need to be using a naked flame it can't be anything other than deliberate. The most leeway you could give the perpetrator would be that it was his idea of a prankgone badly wrong.

Edit: It seems it was actually a prank involving a firework. On a train. :huh:

I was in the same carriage, coming home from seeing Dundee at Dunfermline.

It was mostly a blur but seeing someone on fire is not nice. Not nice at all. But initially I didn't realise it was a person and just thought the train was on fire, like a lot of others, and just made for the door. It wasn't until I looked round I realised it was a person. My dad pulled the communication cord and I ended up telling the driver what was going on.

There was an appeal for doctors and first-aiders and I'm pretty sure the driver broke the speed limit getting to Kirkcaldy where the guy was treated then taken away in an ambulance. The police then had to take everyone's name and address which took a couple of hours before we could all head on.

A really horrible end to the day. I don't think I've ever cared less about a result in a Dundee game.

We were on the train behind coming back from Firhill, and were sat outside Kirkcaldy station for about an hour and a half waiting for the mess to be cleared up. From what we were told, there was some sort of riot which ended in the guy being set on fire, with 'serious damage' done to the train.

Absolutely crazy, and caused complete bedlam on the east coast line yesterday. What a dick that guy is.

We were on the train behind coming back from Firhill, and were sat outside Kirkcaldy station for about an hour and a half waiting for the mess to be cleared up. From what we were told, there was some sort of riot which ended in the guy being set on fire, with 'serious damage' done to the train.

It wasn't as bad as that. There were alcohol-fuelled "highjinks" beforehand, but all seemed harmless fun. Then it all kicked off with the flames.

The train itself wasn't badly scathed. Although it doesn't cross your mind at the time (and you think "f**k, the whole place is going to go up"), trains are designed so they can't easily catch fire.

Aberdeen fans said the man ran through the carriage on fire as others threw beer on him to douse the flames.

He should be thankful they hadn't got nearer Aberdeen - there might not have been any beer left!

Shockingly bad way to end a day out at the football. Hope the recovers and the idiots who set him alight get the full force of Fife Constabulary's finest coming down on them! <_<

Aberdeen fans said the man ran through the carriage on fire as others threw beer on him to douse the flames.

I'm sorry, but that just conjured up a mental image and made me LOL :lol:

There were a few reports of this on the Dundee Mad site last night. Details seemed sketchy, different opinions from different people as far as I could gather.

It appeared that either a cigarette, lighter or match was flicked at an Aberdeen fan wearing a sheep costume made out of wool, which naturally would have ignited fast. It also seemed like it was an accident rather than anything intentionally malicious. Though I wasn't there so have no idea really.

The Sunday Post seems to think a Firework was involved, but thats the only source that I've heard a firework being mentioned.

I was in the same carriage, coming home from seeing Dundee at Dunfermline.

It was mostly a blur but seeing someone on fire is not nice. Not nice at all. But initially I didn't realise it was a person and just thought the train was on fire, like a lot of others, and just made for the door. It wasn't until I looked round I realised it was a person. My dad pulled the communication cord and I ended up telling the driver what was going on.

There was an appeal for doctors and first-aiders and I'm pretty sure the driver broke the speed limit getting to Kirkcaldy where the guy was treated then taken away in an ambulance. The police then had to take everyone's name and address which took a couple of hours before we could all head on.

A really horrible end to the day. I don't think I've ever cared less about a result in a Dundee game.

Thanks for the update, Carlton.

Archived