Nom Nom Nom

Further to the talk of soft boiled eggs I recommend Delia Smith's method from her 'how to cook book ,gifted to me from my mum when I went to University and still the best cookbook I own.

1 minute on a rolling boil and then remove from the heat cover the pan and leave for 6 minutes. 99 percent success rate.

She rambles on about timing it by singing verses of Onward Christian (toast)Soldiers but I find the stopwatch on my phone more reliable.

There is a great website called 'Delia Redacted'that has lots of her recipes with her unneccesary chuntering removed. I also recommend Nigel Slaters cookbooks, I find him cloying on television but his recipes tend to be excellent.

Further to the talk of soft boiled eggs I recommend Delia Smith's method from her 'how to cook book ,gifted to me from my mum when I went to University and still the best cookbook I own.
1 minute on a rolling boil and then remove from the heat cover the pan and leave for 6 minutes. 99 percent success rate.
She rambles on about timing it by singing verses of Onward Christian (toast)Soldiers but I find the stopwatch on my phone more reliable.
There is a great website called 'Delia Redacted'that has lots of her recipes with her unneccesary chuntering removed. I also recommend Nigel Slaters cookbooks, I find him cloying on television but his recipes tend to be excellent.

Slater comes across as a strange and creepy man who might jizz in your food for the feels and Delia is loopy but their books are perfect for a home cook*
. I use them as a reference for most things.

* No issuing into recipes are in his cookbooks. This is personal opinion purely.

1 minute ago, pittsburgh phil said:

Slater comes across as a strange and creepy man who might jizz in your food for the feels and Delia is loopy but their books are perfect for a home cook*
. I use them as a reference for most things.

* No issuing into recipes are in his cookbooks. This is personal opinion purely.

I absolutely agree about Nigel Slater. He reminds me of the punter on Band  Of Gold that was into dishwashing gloves but his recipes are good.

• 2 weeks later...

As a way of trying to shift some weight and get back to my old beautiful self I've decided to try and eat mainly fish and vegan food like an absolute w****r...

Any good recipes you'd recommend please chaps?

4 hours ago, Girth said:

As a way of trying to shift some weight and get back to my old beautiful self I've decided to try and eat mainly fish and vegan food like an absolute w****r...

Any good recipes you'd recommend please chaps?

You don't need to go vegan to shift weight.

Fish is a good start. (As long as it's not battered & with chips)

1 minute ago, Slenderman said:

You don't need to go vegan to shift weight.

Fish is a good start. (As long as it's not battered & with chips)

Yeah, just had a mackerel, avacado, tomato, onion, courgette, cashew salad for lunch - #saladwanker