Who's Going To Uni?

Absolutely. I can't decide which I find more twattish.

The school leavers hoodies for me. If your on a train then seeing a uni branded item of clothing can be a conversation starter, school leavers hoodies aren't. I can't imagine saying "So I see you went to [secondary school here]. Where's that?" is going to make a good first impression, it just seems weird - unless you know someone who went to that school.

Thank you. The people that say that Dundee's a shithole are the ones who 1. Haven't been , or 2. Have been, but only been to the football. Glasgow's just bigger really.

Or I want to see Clyde's home games and there's a bird that goes to Dundee I'd rather not see, at all.

If you pick your uni purely based on its ranking, then you probably don't deserve to go to uni.

I had an offer from a place ranked higher than where I went, but the course didn't suit me as well.

Also, I still have my school leavers hoodieph34r.gif. Don't wear it very often right enough but I'd rather bite the bullet and wear it than buy another one. It is incredibly warm though biggrin.gif

The wierdest thing about they hoodies is why would you want to continue you're attachment to your high school any longer? As soon as me and my pals left on the last day I think we all agreed that we never wanted to see or talk to most of the folk again from our year.

Anyway, after reading the last few pages, I have to ask. Is Viking Ton a really undercover wind up merchant or just a c**t?

Edited by JamboMikey

Or I want to see Clyde's home games and there's a bird that goes to Dundee I'd rather not see, at all.

Fair enough. There's many "girls" in Dundee city centre you wouldn't want to see either.

If you pick your uni purely based on its ranking, then you probably don't deserve to go to uni.

I had an offer from a place ranked higher than where I went, but the course didn't suit me as well.

Yip spot on. I could've gone to Glasgow (> Strathclyde), but I didn't like the Uni at all. I thought it was far too stuck up and I got a superb vibe from Dundee and the lecturers all seemed really interesting. Actually I'm only slagging Strathclyde as most of my mates go there and it's purely a habit. If I hadn't gone to Dundee I'd have gone to Strathclyde.

Anyway, after reading the last few pages, I have to ask. Is Viking Ton a really undercover wind up merchant or just a c**t?

He's a transparent wind up merchant and a c**t.

My views on leavers hoodies have been clear from the start but I've also noticed people walking around Glasgow with Oxford Uni hoodies, finally something slightly worse than leavers hoodies.

I wish I'd gone to Edinburgh.

He's a transparent wind up merchant and a c**t.

My views on leavers hoodies have been clear from the start but I've also noticed people walking around Glasgow with Oxford Uni hoodies, finally something slightly worse than leavers hoodies.

I wish I'd gone to Edinburgh.

Edinburgh will be worse for that kind of stuff than Glasgow.

Edinburgh will be worse for that kind of stuff than Glasgow.

Not necessarily that, but it's clearly a far better university.

I've picked the wrong horse, it's going through a long slow death <_<

Maybe its judging someone by the clothes they choose to wear?

Imagine that :rolleyes:

I take it these hoodies are the modern day equivalent of the wankerish "faculty scarves"?

You still get faculty clothing, Ad Lib, for example wears a Law Society hoody.

Meh, I don't wear them myself, but they look like reasonably cheap, reasonably well made upper body coverings. I don't see the problem.

I think the implication is that people who wear them feel intrinsic pride towards their school or towards their fellow pupils.

Glasgow does Medieval History, which is basically throwing a dart at the words someone from the Church wrote down and taking that one as being the truth.

:lol:

I like this.... Glasgow also does Divinity, which is even more of a crock.

You still get faculty clothing, Ad Lib, for example wears a Law Society hoody.

Oh dear...

I did thieve one of the GULS canary yellow football strips when I left to be fair, but only cos it had cosy long sleeves.