The New Raith Rovers Thread

I am worried that Mglynn is putting too much emphasis on the use of Under 19s.

Bryce for one didnt look anywhere near good enough for the 2nd Division next season, Im just a bit concerend as to how Mcg is going to change that.

The emphasis being that the under 19's will be playing in the reserves, so it'll give McGlynn a better understanding of their capabilities at a higher and more advanced level. If the rumours were indeed true that Rangers were watching Bryce, then obviously McGlynn can see that he is improving all the time.

The emphasis being that the under 19's will be playing in the reserves, so it'll give McGlynn a better understanding of their capabilities at a higher and more advanced level. If the rumours were indeed true that Rangers were watching Bryce, then obviously McGlynn can see that he is improving all the time.

Take out the ex juniors and we have precisely 12 players, 13 if Marv re signs.

I am all for operating within our means, but there is such a thing as being too cautious.

I have faith in McGlynn, if you cast your mind back to last pre season, our strike force consisted of Weir and Bryce. He then brought in Smith & Wales and the rest is history. I think it will be similar this season, McGlynn will use the contacts he has to acquire a decent young striker from an SPL club. McGlynn needs to make Raith a success because his future managerial career depends on it.

Edited by placid casual RRFC

Our first competitive match against Stirling is 3 weeks away. All be it a diddy cup, its a money spinner, especially if we get a home draw or two, but we have to win to progress.

Stirling wont be any pushover so we need a full squad ready for this.

We all agree it's about money, but yet again, as in the past 2 seasons, when an opportunity arises for the club to earn a little extra, and much needed, money, we simply are'nt ready.

Our first competitive match against Stirling is 3 weeks away. All be it a diddy cup, its a money spinner, especially if we get a home draw or two, but we have to win to progress.

We all agree it's about money, but yet again, as in the past 2 seasons, when an opportunity arises for the club to earn a little extra, and much needed, money, we simply are'nt ready.

How do you know? squad size is not a direct relation to the performance on the night. it wil be related to our average performance over the season, but to say that we are destined to lose because we don't have a full squad in place is ridiculous. We could have a decent chance of winning with the team we have.

Playing with three strikers is not a problem and not uncommon either. Should Andrews sign on we will have more probable cover for centre half positions than the Pars will. I agree that full back cover is a problem, but Wilson's reliability has covered the fact that we have had little right back cover since Calderon's days anyway.

My issue was with the notion of turning gregory tade into a striker, I have since made peace with that notion and will grant him the opportunity to prove me wrong before letting my blood pressure rise. The squad is small, but not incomparable to others in this division. Many are unprovena t this level but that is not uncommon in a promoted team, they are going to get their chance to play, uncommonly we finally hav ethe numbers in midfield and I'd suggest that mor ethan one could be an emergency left back or auxilliary striker.

Edited by renton

Neither of us know as we are both assuming, you all will be alright on the night, and me that all will not be right on the night.

The point i was making is can we afford to risk losing at the first leg of a potential good extra income for the club.

Neither of us know as we are both assuming, you all will be alright on the night, and me that all will not be right on the night.

The point i was making is can we afford to risk losing at the first leg of a potential good extra income for the club.

:huh:

The real question is; can we afford to blow the season's budget on a three game cup run?

:huh:

The real question is; can we afford to blow the season's budget on a three game cup run?

i thought the question was what happened to JMcG's hair?? :D

Do you think it'll benefit us long term if John McGlynn panic buys a load of shite that he doesn't think will fit in to his plans just to appease fans who think they know better?

No, it wouldn't, therefore the manager is being sensible playing a waiting game to see what loanees become available.

If any teams fans should know that shitey, short term solutions don't bode well for the future it should be Raith Rovers fans.

i thought the question was what happened to JMcG's hair?? :D

Nah, you just have to remember that he worked for Romanov for a while and all becomes clear.

Do you think it'll benefit us long term if John McGlynn panic buys a load of shite that he doesn't think will fit in to his plans just to appease fans who think they know better?

No, it wouldn't, therefore the manager is being sensible playing a waiting game to see what loanees become available.

If any teams fans should know that shitey, short term solutions don't bode well for the future it should be Raith Rovers fans.

Good stuff.

I think your underestimating McG's knowledge of the game. From what i've read and seen lately is that Dundee are the only team spending cash willy nilly, no-one else from what i gather from a signing viewpoint has impressed me. So i think you're worrying over nothing, basically the aim for this season is survival. Ok we might be mostly part-time, but i truly feel we can cope.

Spot on.

I strongly suspect our first loanee will be Johnny Russell, incidentally, but that's a pure guess on my part.

I like it when 'Numbers' posts on here.

This time last year you tagged Lee Bryce as a 20 goal striker.

A few seasons before he said the Anelka players were highly talented, after viewing a few training sessions.

You financial analysis is also laughbale, if we increase crowds, its not simply a case of adding that dosh to the bottom line, Fife police will increase their presence and costs for starters.

I'm with Andy, we will go with a wee squad, if there is an increase in profit, it should be put to one side for strengthening in January.

I also expect us to be shat upon in the 1st quarter of the season, and then improve.

Nah, you just have to remember that he worked for Romanov for a while and all becomes clear.

thanks for clarifying that :D

Edited by P.C

I strongly suspect our first loanee will be Johnny Russell, incidentally, but that's a pure guess on my part.

Just to really kick things off, I saw David Somerville in Dundee train station yesterday morning around half 8.

It looks as if I owe you guys an apology. It seems the posters I based my crude sterotype on have done a power of growing up during your time in the second division. As Andy's been noting, I love how you've managed to keep the majority of the news surrounding your club to this thread.

Sorry chaps.

It looks as if I owe you guys an apology. It seems the posters I based my crude sterotype on have done a power of growing up during your time in the second division. As Andy's been noting, I love how you've managed to keep the majority of the news surrounding your club to this thread.

Sorry chaps.

The realism surrounding Raith fans both on here and in the stadium last year was fantastic and even the gaffer spoke of his appreciation regarding the patience that the fans afforded the team. Hopefully that'll continue in to the next season.

Well said Nizzy, I'm sure you can see why I was a wee bit tetchy about the negative stereotyping of the Raith fans on here.

Enjoy your season.

Well said Nizzy, I'm sure you can see why I was a wee bit tetchy about the negative stereotyping of the Raith fans on here.

Enjoy your season.

Of course. And the same to you.