The New Raith Rovers Thread

Voted for Davo myself. Either between him or Euan Murray. It's strange to look back and think nobody knew what to expect of Murray, but he's been an excellent left back for us. 

Even stranger was Davos form pre-season, wouldn't have thought I'd have been voting for him now, but he has been solid all season.

16 minutes ago, Oor Willis said:

Voted for Davo myself. Either between him or Euan Murray. It's strange to look back and think nobody knew what to expect of Murray, but he's been an excellent left back for us. 

I also voted Davo. Robertson and Vaughan were thoughts. Vaughan was the man at the start of the season and you notice when Robertson isn’t around but it’s Davo for me.

Wonder who that guy on here (is it Michael W?) who despises Davo has voted for?

19 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I also voted Davo. Robertson and Vaughan were thoughts. Vaughan was the man at the start of the season and you notice when Robertson isn’t around but it’s Davo for me.

Tbf, I would've happily binned Davo at the end of last season. 

Vaughan clearly player of the year for me. 20+ goals and most of them scored from midfield. Robertson would be in with a chance had he not been injured so much. Davidson has been decent but I reckon some are going a bit ott in their praise of him. 

Davo certainly has been outstanding in recent weeks (if not since X'mas.

Vaughan was awesome at the beginning of the season but hasn't done it for me since being moved deeper.  Also good in the early months was Bene before his broken leg, but he hasn't had a good time of it since his return.

Davo, poty for me

Davie, McKay ypoty.

Many of the rest have imo been fairly disappointing overall.

Before this season, I’ve never had a good thing to say about Davo. I would go as far as saying, I couldn’t stand the man at all. Wanted rid of him.

I voted him for my player of the year :lol:

Robertson would have gotten it if it wasn’t for his 2 bad injuries.

Murray has been excellent the majority of the season. But still nowhere near Davo’s level this season.

Vaughan should be nowhere near it, through no fault of his own though. He was on fire the first quarter of the season but from November onwards, he was dropped back to CM where it quite quickly became apparent that he can’t play CM. It wasn’t until last weekend that he then got his move back up front( which he scored yet again). 22 goals(and counting) is an incredible return though from him.

If the league table stays as it is we’ll be playing Alloa 3 games on the bounce...

So be it, we’ve only let ourselves down at the end of the day. Ayr have the siege mentality we clearly don’t

9 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Suffered  long enough with him! He has however had a good season so I can't really not give credit when it's due. 

I haven't voted as I haven't seen enough of us. You can make a case for Vaughan as top scorer and he won us many points, but putting him in midfield has ruined him and he's not really hit the same heights since. A dreadful error that, really. 

In all honesty, too many players have underperformed in my view. In a season where we are still in with a (small) shot of the title, that seems like a strange thing to say, but it's true. Very disappointed with a few of our players. 

McKay is an easier one - undoubtedly young player of the year. Defence seems to have settled again, but dropping him to the bench arguably cost us precious points that have us where we are now. 

Voted Davidson. Only player who’s really put together a string of consistently good performances. Also been a phenomenal servant to the club, it seems fitting for him to win it. I was one who was fairly disappointed he was staying at the end of last season but he’s absolutely strolled League 1.

Edited to add: Vaughan’s early season form was as good as I’ve seen at Stark’s. It’s a real shame that he was forced to drop back and fill gaps in midfield. If he’d played up front for the whole season he could’ve been phenomenal.

Davo has been immense this season but Vaughan is pretty much the only good, creative influence we have. Probably the only reason to drag your arse down to Starks this season.