The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I'm not a member of any supporters club although I have used the 200 clubs facilities in the past. It's run by voulenteers who don't get f all out of it personally afaik. Typical moaning faced b*****ds in our support seing a 10k donation as anything other than positive when we've been asking for money to get us through a tough patch via early season ticket sales!

It's not moaning. It's a sensible discussion that people always take as a massive negative. Why can't I go to the inhouse bars on an occasion without having to pay fee' s or memberships. Giving it the old stop moaning to me sounds like the old let's close ranks of the club's committee.

Edited by foreverarover

It's not moaning. It's a sensible discussion that people always take as a massive negative. Why can't I go to the inhouse bars on an occasion without having to pay fee' s or memberships. Giving it the old stop moaning to me sounds like the old let's close ranks of the club's committee.

I'm not arguing about people closing ranks etc. I'm merely stating that the 200 club has done well by the club in this instance to donate 10k to the club when they are struggling. It's a positive thing and your argument as valid as it is, is for another time Imo.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer said:

We would have played East Fife on Sunday if this were the case.

Sorry heating the sky above Stark's. :lol:

4 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

SIM had quoted the cost earlier this season, but has given us no idea on how to sort the issue with a plastic pitch. 

Sounds really dubious to me. Was he by any chance using this as a stick to beat the old administration with? sounds like the kind of framing that a politician or media outlet uses to influence peoples perception.

From 30 seconds of googling:

• A typical 200 lux pitch system uses 18 x 2100w luminaires so the total load is 37,800w (37.8Kw). 1 unit of electricity is 1000w over a one hour period.

Therefore a typical 200 Lux pitch system equals 37.8 units of electricity per hour @ 12p per unit (depending on supplier) = £4.54p per hour There are additional charges such as monthly meter rental, which will vary from each supplier so clubs should contact their current electricity provider for more detailed information.

Average electricity is 14.37p per kWh in the UK  so slightly more

SFA LICENCING CRITERIA

GOLD 5.7 Floodlights Refers to the provision of floodlights together with the appropriate lighting levels or lux level. Clubs are required to have a floodlight system at the ground. The following minimum levels apply: Average – 800 lux Min/Max – 0.4 In the case of a Platinum Award, the floodlighting lux level is required to be: Average – 1200 lux Min/Max – 0.45 Furthermore to meet the Platinum standard the club will be able to provide a back-up power supply which will provide two-thirds of normal power.

SILVER

Clubs are required to have a floodlight system at the ground. The following minimum levels apply: Average – 500 lux Min/Max – 0.3

BRONZE

Clubs are required to have a floodlight system at the ground. The following minimum levels apply: Average – 300 lux Min/Max – 0.25

ENTRY

Clubs that have a floodlight system at the ground are recommended to have the following minimum levels: Average – 200 lux Min/Max – 0.25

By the logic of hundreds of pounds Starks must be going for the 1200 lux system (X6 the price of 200 lux and then well be generous and say  X4 hrs) = ~£120 a matchnight

We need to pull resources and finances logically in all departments, that was the main point. At least you agree re the politics of it all. We all seen to be in the same boat, asking questions and getting  in return from the board to give us any sense of hope or reasoning to decisions being made. 

2 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

We need to pull resources and finances logically in all departments, that was the main point. At least you agree re the politics of it all. We all seen to be in the same boat, asking questions and getting  in return from the board to give us any sense of hope or reasoning to decisions being made. 

FWIW if you want a drink at the ground every game, I understand that the Jim McMillan Club are looking for members, I don't think you have to know a lawyer to get in.

1 minute ago, foreverarover said:

I drive to the game, realistically that means 1 pint before the game. I'm not paying a "membership" for that. That's the issue in question that you have just pointed out.

For fúck sake, this is a tough audience.

3 hours ago, grumswall said:

When we spent money on the stadium it was a slippery slope that left us with a shite ground and on the brink of financial ruin so iv no idea why that's a point to score against anyone.

That’s what annoys me regarding opposing supporters having cheap digs at our financial situation , if we didn’t have to waste millions on a white elephant of a stadium then sell it then having to rent it back we would be much more financially stable unlike other clubs who have failed to invest in there stadia for years . In my book because of the sfa stipulation regarding  all seater stadia it’s hindered Rovers for years including many other clubs and we are still paying the price yet

At no time have they come out yo tell us how much the Michael Woods facility cost the club on an annual basis. We can't just expect that to disappear if we get a plastic pitch. Where do we have facilities for a pool, gym and other essential equipment. If there are 4g facilities out there, such as  Balwierie which appears underused, how can we expect to be  given grants from council etc, if this is the way they are looking at. I am not convinced that this facility will make money for the club. They state it costs hundreds of pounds for lighting for one  match, what would the bill be for a winter's night running from 4pm to 10pm. Factor , New changing facilities which have to include showers etc , wages of staff. For me nothing has  been presented by Sim to convince me of  this pie in the sky idea working. 

Of course you’d still need additional training facilities but it would reduce the amount you need to spend on facilities. For example, Kilmarnock train most days on the Rugby Park pitch.

Club also spends thousands a year on pitch hire for U20s to train and play. Costs which would be saved with our own artificial pitch. Might be wrong here but do the club not also bear for the women’s pitch hire too? Another saving.

Baffles me that people still can’t understand this is a separate project which isn’t being funded by the club which will offer more facilities to the community as well as hopefully saving and bringing in more revenue for the club.

People will genuinely always try and find a negative first.

5 minutes ago, JinglinGeordie said:

Of course you’d still need additional training facilities but it would reduce the amount you need to spend on facilities. For example, Kilmarnock train most days on the Rugby Park pitch.

Club also spends thousands a year on pitch hire for U20s to train and play. Costs which would be saved with our own artificial pitch. Might be wrong here but do the club not also bear for the women’s pitch hire too? Another saving.

Baffles me that people still can’t understand this is a separate project which isn’t being funded by the club which will offer more facilities to the community as well as hopefully saving and bringing in more revenue for the club.

People will genuinely always try and find a negative first.

Anode what you mean.

10 hours ago, donny86 said:

Is the 10k in addition to an annual rent they pay to use that suite?

Yes. 

The club included a rent for the 'suite' that 200 club members and committee done up at their own cost and time to become a fully functioning bar which donates every penny it makes back to the club. 

They've got us on zero hour contracts too with no canteen subsidies. 

The club gives acknowledgment or thanks to no one in my experience. New sponsors come but then go when they get pissed off at how they are treated.

Well that’s not exactly true, is it?

Was it last year or the year before that we didn’t have a home game for over 2 months between November and January?

Several Groups/Organisations made decent sized donations and every single one of them got thanked on the website. There will probably be a piece on the website later tonight mentioning it.