The New Raith Rovers Thread

Arbroath are always a tough game. It's two points dropped but we're still top with it all in our own hands. It's worrying Smith keeps making the same mistakes tactically although it was forced on him today with robo going off injured. If he isn't fit though we shouldn't be risking him. He is too important to us in the run in.

Perhaps we'd have a better chance of winning if we didn't insist on playing our top scorer out of position? 

I know we have Herron out and Robertson got injured, but why do we keep playing Vaughan in midfield? What was the point in signing that midfielder from Celtic if he's just there to decorate our bench and never feature? It's beyond frustrating. 

Controversially, I'd also  suggest that the defence has gotten worse since Bene returned from injury. 

Perhaps we'd have a better chance of winning if we didn't insist on playing our top scorer out of position? 
I know we have Herron out and Robertson got injured, but why do we keep playing Vaughan in midfield? What was the point in signing that midfielder from Celtic if he's just there to decorate our bench and never feature? It's beyond frustrating. 
Controversially, I'd also  suggest that the defence has gotten worse since Bene returned from injury. 
I say this as one of his biggest critics, but we seem to have been leakier at the back since Smith got dropped, even though Lennox generally looks much more solid than Smith ever did.

7 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

I,m talking the here and now not in two weeks time.Things can look a whole lot different by the time we play them as we have one game before then and they have two

It will look a lot different. Ayr will have another six points in the bag and we'll be lucky if we can scramble a draw up at Forfar.

Albion Rovers seem to be an entirely different outfit whenever they play us compared to literally every other team in the league. That East Fife side are complete toilet.

Failing to win the league when in direct competition with an Ayr team who have failed to win any league they’ve been in for over two decades is just about the most Raith Rovers thing I can think of.

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Albion Rovers seem to be an entirely different outfit whenever they play us compared to literally every other team in the league. That East Fife side are complete toilet.

Failing to win the league when in direct competition with an Ayr team who have failed to win any league they’ve been in for over two decades is just about the most Raith Rovers thing I can think of.

Well we did manage to everything to relegate ourselves last season so why not go for the unique double.

23 hours ago, CALDERON said:

It's ridiculous to say its Ayrs league to lose when we are 4 points ahead in February.

We do however need to get a result at Somerset.

Unless we get beat there and still win the league!

Ayr still have tricky trips to places like Arbroath, Alloa, Airdrie, even Coatbridge could be a struggle if the pitch is still such a mess. They have shown already that they can lose at home when unexpected too.

Like most, I’m starting to lose a bit of faith but the whole season has been up and down for both sides. A point at least down there would be great but wouldn’t be catastrophic to lose providing we go on a winning run til end.

Still all to play for. People have been declaring the league over numerous times when one team fucks up or gets a gap and it never is. 

The reality is that both teams are a bit shit so will drop points. At the moment it’s anybodys  guess of which one of us falls over the line at the end of the season