The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, mrpaddyx said:

And Falkirk should be in League 1 imo :)

We're not that bad now tf

Earlier in the season id have agreed with you.

Longridge has really made a difference, and we've shipped out a lot of dead wood.

Genuinely would love both you guys to come up as always enjoyed away games at both grounds

A youth player moving to the English Championship via the one of the Old Firm and we’ll likely receive a sum equating to a packet of Quavers and a Terry’s chocolate orange. I know it’s been spoken about before at length, but this transfer has got to be one of the fucking worst bits of business any club has ever done.

18 minutes ago, true_rover said:

Would we even get a percentage sell on fee (if the clause exists)? The suggestion in the paper is that it's an offer to sign him at the end of his contract in the summer.

Don't think we'd receive a sell on fee on the basis he'd be leaving at the end of his contract

Source: Football Manager, probably not the most reliable.

As Hank Scorpio mentions, this deal has been a complete clusterfuck from the start. We've operated on the basis of sell on fees when the player was offered a short enough contract where they could be negated. We'll get a development fee but it'll be peanuts.

16 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It’s amazing to think of the damage that one bad managerial appointment can do to a club.

Yup, a decade of slow, steady building after the take over, all undone in one fucking season. 

2 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

It was utterly tragic, thankfully most of that clusterfuck of a board are gone.

I have fond memories of coming back from the League cup game in Dingwall last year, with one of the directors on our train. Happily told us how awesome Gary Locke was (he had a plan, don't you know), the best interviewee he'd seen, a real breathe of fresh air and that we the fans needed to get behind him.

Given Locke is the living embodiment of the song 'Pretty Vacant', it makes you wonder what the f**k the other interviews were like...

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Got my pitch fork and flaming torch ready for the public lynching of certain individuals when Bates goes to Sunderland and we get f**k all. 

#Buzzin

Canny stand in his way, eh....

I have fond memories of coming back from the League cup game in Dingwall last year, with one of the directors on our train. Happily told us how awesome Gary Locke was (he had a plan, don't you know), the best interviewee he'd seen, a real breathe of fresh air and that we the fans needed to get behind him.
Given Locke is the living embodiment of the song 'Pretty Vacant', it makes you wonder what the f**k the other interviews were like...

I was actually thinking the same thing as in ‘Pretty Vacant’. The others must’ve been awful. We should’ve went for Jack Ross when we had the chance