The New Raith Rovers Thread

A lazy, and frankly absolutely shit, excuse for a midfielder.

I'd rather have Gary Locke as power of attorney, using my life savings to buy magic beans than ever see Thomson ever again.

Edited by CALDERON

Apparently it's a like for like change for Penrice, Thompson can play LB/LWB/CM (?) so will likely be played out wide for us going up the wing and tracking back rather than in the middle. Likely he'll fit in on the left in our 352 system and we'll depend on him covering the left side of things defensively and offensively

Can’t see Thompson playing on the left at all. Too slow, both on and off the ball. He’s decent enough at keeping possession but little else. Weak in the tackle, poor work ethic, petulant.

Might have a point to prove but I didn’t see anything in him to suggest he’ll go onto a decent professional career.

We've signed Jordan Thompson on loan till the end of the season - what's he like? Was with you guys last season right? We've been pretty good at highlighting good players to bring in on loan, hopefully the kind of midfielder that will push everything and try break up the play. Likely he'll be replacing Penrice though as a driving midfielder though, possibly on the left

I thought he started well with us but went down hill quickly!

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

:lol: I genuinely had you down as promotion play-off contenders.

Never mind though. Hopefully you'll stay up.

He isn't a left mid player. He's a CM.

He is genuinely one of the worst loan signings I think we've had.

2nd to Scott Roberts, quite an achievement. Not a good one but an achievement nonetheless.

46 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently it's a like for like change for Penrice, Thompson can play LB/LWB/CM (?) so will likely be played out wide for us going up the wing and tracking back rather than in the middle. Likely he'll fit in on the left in our 352 system and we'll depend on him covering the left side of things defensively and offensively

He can play left back? He actually knows where that is?

More importantly why didn't Locke think of this when we had left back issues last year.

The whole club was under a black cloud and a shambles last season, barely any player got pass marks (fact people voted M’Voto as player of year says plenty)

You can maybe upgrade Thompson slightly cause of this but I wouldn’t go overboard, he really was a bit of a passenger (like the rest of them) ... when we needed players to stand up and be counted, he certainly wasn’t around!

We've signed Jordan Thompson on loan till the end of the season - what's he like? Was with you guys last season right? We've been pretty good at highlighting good players to bring in on loan, hopefully the kind of midfielder that will push everything and try break up the play. Likely he'll be replacing Penrice though as a driving midfielder though, possibly on the left

Could be worse, could be Scott Roberts.

Jordan started off okay with us. I recall he scored a decent goal in a draw against Dundee United at Tannadice. As last season turned into the disaster that saw us relegated his form went. I think he could be a player.

Decent on the ball but seemed to make big mistakes when it mattered the most. The handball against hibs in the 90th minute that was totally unneeded and lost us the game sums him up really. Good luck with him, you'll need it

Can't add much to what has been said. He's a tidy enough passer and showed up well during our good start last season. 

I wouldn't have thought he had the defensive attributes to play as a left full back or wing back although I have a recollection of him playing there after coming on as a sub in the 2nd leg of the Brechin play off last season.

Once we started to struggle he became a complete passenger and his attitude and demeanor was awful. Without doubt he was one of the players Hughes took aim at in his infamous post match rants last season.

He's not the first player we've signed from The Rangers with an attitude problem however, and possibly playing in a team challenging at the right end of the table will bring the best out of him. I wouldn't bet on it though.

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

don't remember him, that says plenty

are you sure he turned out for us last season ?

Aye he scored a belter at Tannadice but hat was about it.

looked massively out of his depth last season but then again it was in a side where that increasingly became the norm.  Perhaps in a team playing with confidence his abilities will come to the fore.

Either way I for one though am firmly in the camp of those who never want to see him in a Raith shirt again.

Edited by Scottydog

While I'm here I might as well ask, what's Ryan Hardie like? We've been linked with him a fair bit [emoji3] 

"Quite lazy in training but If my daughter brought him home to tea, I'd be proud"

Or that's what Hughes said about him on camera after one of the games towards the end of last season when he was the only player that was scoring for us at that point. :lol:

He has the potential to be an outstanding signing for you. If you play football on the deck, he'll be brilliant. Can beat 3 or 4 guys with ease before scoring. He isn't very good in the air despite his height.

He'll also guarantee you a goal head start against St Mirren in your last 2 games with them.