The New Raith Rovers Thread

Suppose it depends on what Sim constitutes a crazy offer.We,ve lost nigh on quarter of a mill in the last two years and sitting with a debt of near half a mill and expect another loss this season.If a semi decent offer or in our case an undisclosed offer comes in every chance he,ll be offski

I'd still have Vaughan in my side before Murray as well. Murray hasn't impressed at Hibs and he didn't impress at Utd either.

Of course he impressed at United. 18 goals last season, 7 the season before, going on minutes played he had scored a goal every 142 minutes for them. He had numerous offers from Premiership teams up here and even L1 teams down south.

At Hibs he already has 11 goals in 15 appearances and if you don't think he's impressed at Hibs just go and have a read of Hibs.net. The Hibs fans seem to absolutely love him.

Hopefully the club decided to omit the dreaded "boyhood club" clause from this new contract.

Perhaps not a “boyhood club” clause but I’d be surprise if there wasn’t some sort of release clause in there. Hopefully a decent amount.

I get the feeling he'll stay til the summer, help us get promoted, then be off for a decent fee.... And if he does, fair play to him - id wish him all the best. He could easily have said no thanks i'll see out my contract and sign for Dundee/Hibs/Hearts etc on a pre contract  in January

I actually have a bit of faith that Sim will be true to his word on this - I understand he initially rejected the Callachan bid from Hearts as well,

If he's going to go to any club, I think it'll be Hibs if they put in a sufficient bid in the summer. It's no secret he's a Hibs fan, but it's good we've got him under contract. I wouldn't grudge him the move at all if we're promoted.  I'd be gutted if he ended up at a team like Dundee though. He'd be put into a middling squad at a team where we could potentially be at the same level before long if things go well for us and bad for them.

I'm just happy to see him sign, and also that both the development team got a good win, and that we're seeing players gradually get back to fitness. I've seen a lot about Ayr fans chatting about us still having to go through a poor spell, but we've still had half a defence starting games and been grinding out good results (Cliftonhill aside). If we keep this going, then I'm very optimistic we'll finish top.

11 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Just as long as we don't get this 'undisclosed fee' crap when he does go.  All it does is put people off donating to the Development Squad.

TBF, if any of the parties, player included,  insist on this, this will be included in the statement.

9 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

If it is ever insisted by any of the parties, player included, then we shouldn't be going ahead with the deal, as it's obviously an embarrassing figure.

What?

My point is, irrespective of the value of the transfer fee, if any party insists on privacy, that is what will be observed.

Falkirk don't seem to have a problem telling all and sundry what the transfer fee is. Apart from anything else it lets the buying clubs know that the seller is not going to be messed about. Only at Rovers do we have this undisclosed fee pish, which pushes the fee down.

Falkirk don't seem to have a problem telling all and sundry what the transfer fee is. Apart from anything else it lets the buying clubs know that the seller is not going to be messed about. Only at Rovers do we have this undisclosed fee pish, which pushes the fee down.

‘Only at Rovers’... Really?

You only need to turn on sky sports to see that even the biggest teams in the world sign players for undisclosed fee’s.

TBF, if any of the parties, player included,  insist on this, this will be included in the statement.

The point stands, though. It may put people off contributing to the youth development fund when they see the more promising ones being sold for what they perceive to be a nominal sum. Rightly or wrongly, with Scottish transfers, when I see 'undisclosed sum' I think 'buttons'. That's not always the case, but it's my perception.

9 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

‘Only at Rovers’... Really?

You only need to turn on sky sports to see that even the biggest teams in the world sign players for undisclosed fee’s.

For goodness sake we're not talking about world football here. When the likes of Falkirk, Livingston and even East Fife tell all and sundry what the fee was we should be doing the same.