The New Raith Rovers Thread

Toshney on loan till January maybe?  He was a good player for us when he was here but would the supporters remember this.  All he did was look after number one as we would all do.  Experienced, not getting a regular game, better centre half than he is at right back, can score the odd goal from set pieces as well.  I will probably be so far off with this prediction but hey ho it's a start.

Don't think Toshney coming back would be welcome or that he'd want to, although he'd utterly stroll through this league. I'm glad the board are willing to back Smith, albeit it shows how bad the situation is that they're being this flexible. Quite funny that there seemed to be loads made of the injury crisis for Ayr, but practically nothing about us having to use midfielders in defence.

1 hour ago, rw89 said:

Quite funny that there seemed to be loads made of the injury crisis for Ayr, but practically nothing about us having to use midfielders in defence.

The difference being McCall is a media whore, and happy to dish out quotes, interviews, appearances, to the lazy Glasgow West End media.

Meanwhile oor Barry get his coaching staff to share the media side, whilst he masterminds our march to success.

15 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Would absolutely love it, if handsome Rory was to come back haha! What a player he was under Ray Mac

Doubt he'd come back. Sure someone posted he's down south as his girlfriend works down there.

Some player once we got rid of Ross Perry. Skelped in probably the best goal I've ever seen at Starks in that ridiculous 3-2 win over Morton.

Would it be a centre back rather than a left back we'd bring in? Murray seems to be fine at left back.
Possible loan return of Davie Bates?

I like Murray, but I thought he was badly exposed away to Alloa and looked shaky at home to Ayr as a LB.

The way we are trying to play, the FB's to be comfy on the ball ..... I don't think he is.

I know the narrow midfield at Alloa didn't help his cause in that game, so maybe a bit harsh from me.

It may be that the manager has to see if the better available options are at CB or LB. If no decent CB's are available but a LB is, it'll force his hand to move for the LB and vice versa.

I think more money being made available suggests the manager only sees McKay (and other young lads) as cover for the bench, but not deemed ready to start games regularly.

Depleted squad and results still going well, so if we get through the injury problems without a dip in results then hopefully the lads come back and kick us on even more.

Hope we get a decent crowd there on Saturday and keep the run going.