The New Raith Rovers Thread

I would imagine reducing capacity will come from the main stand and the rail way stands probably in terms of doing something about the hospitality.

Sim has addresses there some of the inefficiency going on at the club and trying to maximise revenue, he said the retail and commercial sides at the number one target and rightly so this is an avenue that's sort of limped on over the years rather than being fully exploited.

2 hours ago, renton said:

I might be wrong, but as I understand it, the North and South stand are built in sections, so you could conceivably give them a haircut, if you like.

How would that benefit the club? Cutting the size of the North stand would be madness considering how many times over the years visiting fans have filled it to near capacity. 

If we want to reduce capacity to 6k then something will need to be done to South and North stands as currently they are combined over that figure on their own, before taking Railway and Main Stand into account. 

It's not a pub, it's a social club, that's why it's members  only or guests paying a few coins to get in. It's the law re social clubs so either join, or don't go! 

It's not being disrespectful at all. I have to drive to games so am limited to one pre match pint at most and can't justify it. There will no doubt be others in the same boat as me. It's a shame we can't go to a 3rd tier football match without a friendly unrestricted drink.

If we want to reduce capacity to 6k then something will need to be done to South and North stands as currently they are combined over that figure on their own, before taking Railway and Main Stand into account. 

A simple fix is to knock down the main stand and build office/ hospitality facilities. Also to accommodate the required changing rooms for this new horrendous 4g pitch.

16 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

It's not being disrespectful at all. I have to drive to games so am limited to one pre match pint at most and can't justify it. There will no doubt be others in the same boat as me. It's a shame we can't go to a 3rd tier football match without a friendly unrestricted drink.

Raith Suite is open to all supporters pre match.Yes tinned beer but so is the 200 club

Seems like little point at all in paying money to reduce the capacity (also impacting profits on big games when they crop up). If Sim is happy to take this up on his personal capacity, then fine if that's what he wants. If it's going to be tied to the club in the form of yet another soft loan that will never be paid back, it's just bloody stupid. 

11 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Think safe standing has just become a generic term by many for all standing as it keeps getting used by major clubs, pretty sure you are correct in that terracing is allowed at Prem level was it not part of the SPFL where they got rid of the 6000 seats rule? and the only reason Celtic put in 'Safe Standing' was as they need to be able to change from standing to seats for Europe.   

Indeed. The SPFL introduced sensible stadium rules.

Albion Rovers kicked out the Challenge Cup for fielding an illegible player. £2k fine as well.

By the time we pay appearance fees, potential win bonuses, goal bonus, clean sheet bonus, stewards, electricity, catering for a crowd of almost exclusively season ticket holders who have already paid, we'll lose a lot more than £2k on playing Ross County u20's.

Should've brought on number 65, an A. Ticklefeet in stoppage time against Brora.

12 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Think safe standing has just become a generic term by many for all standing as it keeps getting used by major clubs, pretty sure you are correct in that terracing is allowed at Prem level was it not part of the SPFL where they got rid of the 6000 seats rule? and the only reason Celtic put in 'Safe Standing' was as they need to be able to change from standing to seats for Europe.   

My mistake, I was on the understanding that if any club with terracing were to enter the Premiership it would have to become 'Safe Standing' to be used.

3 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Agree and is concerning that a club of our size is still sitting with a debt of 1 mill and apparently losing thousands year on year.

Regards Sims interview and not decrying him for his vision/ proposals/ ideas but that could have come from any supporter in the South Stand.Talk of improving match day experience i dont get.I turn up watch my team hopefully play good football,hopefully win,happy with that

How can you seriously not understand the importance of improving match day experience?

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I see on Facebook that we can't even get a mascot for the Ross County U20s game.

Is it the most unloved game ever?

Having to pay to be a mascot will probably be putting people off....and the fact the game itself isn't overly appealing.

Regarding moving ends:

The amount of stewards in the ground is meant to be proportionate to the amount of supporters so it'd just be a matter of moving some to other parts of the ground that fans have moved to.

The movement of supporters itself shouldn't be an issue either. Simply walk around the back of the railway stand to your seat of choice. Nothing different from what we did going behind the dugouts before the new stands were fired up.

5 hours ago, JinglinGeordie said:

How can you seriously not understand the importance of improving match day experience?

I,m contented with my match day experience when my team play well and pick up 3 points.A pint pre match,standing area,better catering or whatever you constitute an improvement to match day experience wouldn,t exactly enhance it for me