The New Raith Rovers Thread

http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers/raith-sign-experienced-goalkeeper-smith-1-4539728

We’ve got an idea that Aaron will be out for an extended period so we’ve signed Graeme

Sounds like it'll be more than a couple of weeks. Not great news at all given how well he started the season.

So is it Brian or Smith the new number 1? (or should that be number 3...:huh:)

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Idiocy in playing virtually the whole first team shines through. This isn't hindsight talking either, pretty much everyone seemed in agreement before the game was played. Surely only the development team play against Ross County now?

It's pretty bad luck to have two excellent goalkeepers in Cuthbert and Lennox both injured, right enough. This could be a huge factor in determining our outcome at the end of the season.

Isn't Smith a bit pish?

This. It was utter daft to play anything other than our under 20s in the challenge cup. No idea why we gave it the time of day.

It's a tricky one now as Brian did fine against both the Pars and Forfar, but he'll be far more under the cosh in the next two games. Smith isn't exactly ideal, but I'm confident it won't be too long. The worst part is, Lennox looked good so far.

I,d have liked to hear more on the structure eg who bought whos shares,will the club still be burden with stadium monthly rental( when they pay it)

Ideas all good and well but most cost money and with debt sitting at 1 million(:blink:) it would  have been interesting  to hear where the finance was coming from

Although he kinda brushed off 150k of that was bank debt,that and the other 850k is still debt

He owns the club and stadium, I can't imagine he's going to pay himself rent. He's talking positively about changes needing to be made and I'm sure most of us would agree we do need them. I've been a sceptic about him, not knowing who he is really. I'm happy to let him do what he is going to do though and hopefully it is for the betterment of the club.

Yes appears to have good ideas, liked the comment about changing ends at half-time wish it could happen again.  Standing areas please and let us back into the Railway stand.  

I'm sorry but a standing area is going to bring in no extra revenue. If this is even considered IMO it's a complete waste of money.

I'm sorry but a standing area is going to bring in no extra revenue. If this is even considered IMO it's a complete waste of money.

Agree. An extra 30 people each home game isn't going to repay the outlay.

Not listened to the interview yet but if there was a way to change ends at half time I think that would be well worth pursuing.

3 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

There people who don't go to Rovers games because it's all seating so I think you are maybe a wee bit wrong with your observation.

How much people don't go to the Rovers due to it being all seating? How much revenue is the club losing due to this? If this mystical group of fans come back will the club be able to meet and succeed the costs of renovating Starks Park to accommodate safe standing due to them coming back?

Its absolute fantasy talk that safe standing will be in anyway financially beneficial to Raith Rovers at present.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Agree. An extra 30 people each home game isn't going to repay the outlay.

Not listened to the interview yet but if there was a way to change ends at half time I think that would be well worth pursuing.

This is a mental idea, if we were Arbroath yes, but not at Starks.

I bow to your superior knowledge of the restructuring

Its pretty well documented that he owns the stadium no? It seems pretty common knowledge that he's just taken a controlling interest in the club?

How very dissapointing it is, having to explain the basics to people who should know better.